+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Var

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Sorry, Tricky, was definitely a pen in my book. The key element was the touch on the left leg at the very end of the contact sequence.
    Surely that 'touch' has to be enough to knock someone over?

These guys are 80-90kgs of pure muscle and at the peak of their lives, you couldn't knock one over if he wanted to stay up.

The tech is not the problem, as they have shown time and time again, it's the referees who just don't have a clue, contact does not equal foul or penalty.

Another poor decision with Peru's pen IMO (missed)

The Peru player, clearly followed the motion of the defenders leg with his own, to get that pen, why can none of the pundits call it, all saying def pen?

What would have happened in the time it took to go to VAR, had Denmark gone straight to the other end and scored before the review was called?
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 16-06-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Another poor decision with Peru's pen IMO (missed)

The Peru player, clearly followed the motion of the defenders leg with his own, to get that pen, why can none of the pundits call it, all saying def pen?

What would have happened in the time it took to go to VAR, had Denmark gone straight to the other end and scored before the review was called?
    That's a great question Airborn... would love to have seen that if i'm honest, just saw the France one now and no way can I say it was or wasn't a pen.... ok so he gave the Pen so should the guy of been sent off also?

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    That's a great question Airborn... would love to have seen that if i'm honest, just saw the France one now and no way can I say it was or wasn't a pen.... ok so he gave the Pen so should the guy of been sent off also?
    Haven't seen the French one to be honest but I just cannot see how pundits are agreeing with some of these decisions that are blatant cheating, what am I missing?

Had I been reviewing the Peruvian one, the striker would have been off for cheating, VAR is being mishandled by idiots, that's why people don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Haven't seen the French one to be honest but I just cannot see how pundits are agreeing with some of these decisions that are blatant cheating, what am I missing?

Had I been reviewing the Peruvian one, the striker would have been off for cheating, VAR is being mishandled by idiots, that's why people don't like it.
    Lets just say Cueva's pen was justification for the award, he was defo looking for it and was actually very clever in hanging his leg, I have to say Peru look a decent unit and are playing some lovely football, the Danes have not shown up yet

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Lets just say Cueva's pen was justification for the award, he was defo looking for it and was actually very clever in hanging his leg, I have to say Peru look a decent unit and are playing some lovely football, the Danes have not shown up yet

They have now.....

Agree though, Peru look decent but no end product.

I guess VAR will cut out a fair few contentious decisions although a few will remain up for debate. At least FIFA are trying to do something.
    The france game highlighted another issue that needs sorting out, the french fullback must have gone down 3 times claiming he had been hit in the face by an Aussie elbow, yet each reply showed they had hardly touched him. Its cheating plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by skandark View Post
    I guess VAR will cut out a fair few contentious decisions although a few will remain up for debate. At least FIFA are trying to do something.
    The france game highlighted another issue that needs sorting out, the french fullback must have gone down 3 times claiming he had been hit in the face by an Aussie elbow, yet each reply showed they had hardly touched him. Its cheating plain and simple.
    It's France plain and simple, bunch of ballet dancers like the Spanish and Portuguese, would love to give them a reason to go down holding their face! It's a part of football that really annoys the crap out of me

I think VAR is better to have than not. I think the Peru one was a penalty, there was clear contact, not so on the France one, it was uncertain so not given. All I keep thinking is I wish we'd had VAR against Coventry, might have got a day out at Wembley. So what if everytime it isn't clear, the majority of the time VAR arrives at the correct decision, about bloody time we improved the percentage of correct decisions. There's too much at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I think VAR is better to have than not. I think the Peru one was a penalty, there was clear contact, not so on the France one, it was uncertain so not given. All I keep thinking is I wish we'd had VAR against Coventry, might have got a day out at Wembley. So what if everytime it isn't clear, the majority of the time VAR arrives at the correct decision, about bloody time we improved the percentage of correct decisions. There's too much at stake.
    I do agree CF.
    Better with than without. But what escapes me, is that it should be used to show definite proof of what was.
    The ref is still guessing from what I have seen,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast