+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Var

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Sorry, Tricky, was definitely a pen in my book. The key element was the touch on the left leg at the very end of the contact sequence.
    He took the ball first, the fact the ref didn't give it to begin with and then after a replay you could see he took the ball shows VAR is a bit of a mess. Football is a contact sport, people forget this. He took the ball first, the French striker made a meal of it and really should get a two match ban for simulation to me. Not sure if that's a world cup rule though

Even after seeing several replays, I couldn’t be sure whether the Aussie defender touched the ball or not. So definitely not a “clear and obvious” error in my opinion and VAR should not have awarded a penalty. Nor did the award of a penalty to Australia a few minutes later make “justice “ as that one was 100% a penalty.

I guess VAR will cut out a fair few contentious decisions although a few will remain up for debate. At least FIFA are trying to do something.
    The france game highlighted another issue that needs sorting out, the french fullback must have gone down 3 times claiming he had been hit in the face by an Aussie elbow, yet each reply showed they had hardly touched him. Its cheating plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by skandark View Post
    I guess VAR will cut out a fair few contentious decisions although a few will remain up for debate. At least FIFA are trying to do something.
    The france game highlighted another issue that needs sorting out, the french fullback must have gone down 3 times claiming he had been hit in the face by an Aussie elbow, yet each reply showed they had hardly touched him. Its cheating plain and simple.
    It's France plain and simple, bunch of ballet dancers like the Spanish and Portuguese, would love to give them a reason to go down holding their face! It's a part of football that really annoys the crap out of me

VAR footage, honest

Name:  _102102896_dd6c8492-e0e2-4c34-a47b-d28e2e308bf7.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  69.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    VAR footage, honest

Name:  _102102896_dd6c8492-e0e2-4c34-a47b-d28e2e308bf7.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  69.8 KB
    Was that the 1st or 2nd one? Maybe if he had pinned Harry on the floor for 3 seconds it would have been deemed clear and obvious and then referred to VAR

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Was that the 1st or 2nd one? Maybe if he had pinned Harry on the floor for 3 seconds it would have been deemed clear and obvious and then referred to VAR
    That was the second, this was the first one where the heroic Tunisian defender saved Harry from the pitch-invading T-Rex

Name:  35643801_1227352327401171_3608125377383235584_n.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  55.0 KB

I think VAR is better to have than not. I think the Peru one was a penalty, there was clear contact, not so on the France one, it was uncertain so not given. All I keep thinking is I wish we'd had VAR against Coventry, might have got a day out at Wembley. So what if everytime it isn't clear, the majority of the time VAR arrives at the correct decision, about bloody time we improved the percentage of correct decisions. There's too much at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I think VAR is better to have than not. I think the Peru one was a penalty, there was clear contact, not so on the France one, it was uncertain so not given. All I keep thinking is I wish we'd had VAR against Coventry, might have got a day out at Wembley. So what if everytime it isn't clear, the majority of the time VAR arrives at the correct decision, about bloody time we improved the percentage of correct decisions. There's too much at stake.
    I do agree CF.
    Better with than without. But what escapes me, is that it should be used to show definite proof of what was.
    The ref is still guessing from what I have seen,

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I do agree CF.
    Better with than without. But what escapes me, is that it should be used to show definite proof of what was.
    The ref is still guessing from what I have seen,
    The way I understood it VAR is there to cut out blatant mistakes & cheating not to sort out matters of opinion, as a fan I can accept borderline decisions & even though I may not agree with them they should be left with the ref imo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast