+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Var

Var

Well that one just failed. Never a penalty
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-06-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Well that one just failed. Never a penalty
    Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Justice.
    Agreed Swale.
    Makes a mockery though doesn't it?
    The ref has to be 100% sure it's a penalty. I watched it 4 times and couldn't say so. That was from a replay, so in normal play, it shouldn't even be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Agreed Swale.
    Makes a mockery though doesn't it?
    The ref has to be 100% sure it's a penalty. I watched it 4 times and couldn't say so. That was from a replay, so in normal play, it shouldn't even be considered.
    Agreed. By rights the Aussies should be 1-0 ahead IMHO.

EDIT: Make that 1-1
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-06-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Sorry, Tricky, was definitely a pen in my book. The key element was the touch on the left leg at the very end of the contact sequence.

Opinions are great are they not, yes it was no it wasn't

People are still missing the point on VAR. Its to cut out clear and obvious errors. Was that the case for the penalty? Not a cat in hells chance. You only have to listen to the pundits, look on social media and on here to see that.
    My opinion was a touch on the ball before he clipped the trailing leg, so not a penalty.

Never agreed with any sort of video technology for the reasons shown today. You can look at all sorts of decisions hundreds of tunes and still not come to a decisive conclusion.

Great goal but I still don’t know how they could look at Diego Costa’s first last night and not decide the defender was fouled. . I hate the the doubt it’s creating over a good few goals even when they’re given. The joy of the goal is the whole point of football.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Sorry, Tricky, was definitely a pen in my book. The key element was the touch on the left leg at the very end of the contact sequence.
    He took the ball first, the fact the ref didn't give it to begin with and then after a replay you could see he took the ball shows VAR is a bit of a mess. Football is a contact sport, people forget this. He took the ball first, the French striker made a meal of it and really should get a two match ban for simulation to me. Not sure if that's a world cup rule though

Even after seeing several replays, I couldn’t be sure whether the Aussie defender touched the ball or not. So definitely not a “clear and obvious” error in my opinion and VAR should not have awarded a penalty. Nor did the award of a penalty to Australia a few minutes later make “justice “ as that one was 100% a penalty.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast