+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Var

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I do agree CF.
    Better with than without. But what escapes me, is that it should be used to show definite proof of what was.
    The ref is still guessing from what I have seen,
    The way I understood it VAR is there to cut out blatant mistakes & cheating not to sort out matters of opinion, as a fan I can accept borderline decisions & even though I may not agree with them they should be left with the ref imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I do agree CF.
    Better with than without. But what escapes me, is that it should be used to show definite proof of what was.
    The ref is still guessing from what I have seen,
    Mainly because players are now such accomplished cheats, they are so good at it that even in ab eplay it's not always clear.

I still think that the Peruvian, thrust his leg backwards, tracking the defenders movement to simulate contact. For me, if there's any doubt at all, they shouldn't give it and in cases of clear simulation, let's call it what it is, cheating, the ref should have the balls to show a red.

The pundits make me sick, too afraid to upset their old pals by calling them out as cheats, Lineker being one of the worst and again to say, contact does not always equal a foul, it's a physical game, at least it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Agree though, Peru look decent but no end product.
    I'd liken Peru to drunken ***, lots of foreplay let down by a lack of penetration. They'll need to try harder if they're to get through to the second date.

No doubt about Croatian pen, what idiotic defending

I disagree , the Nigerians were victims of fraud in my opinion.

I think the Nigerians must have an Italian defensive coach.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Sorry, Tricky, was definitely a pen in my book. The key element was the touch on the left leg at the very end of the contact sequence.
    bloomin hell.... I agree with Sidders ! ...........Nurse !

Mainly because players are now such accomplished cheats, they are so good at it that even in ab eplay it's not always clear.

I still think that the Peruvian, thrust his leg backwards, tracking the defenders movement to simulate contact. For me, if there's any doubt at all, they shouldn't give it and in cases of clear simulation, let's call it what it is, cheating, the ref should have the balls to show a red.

The pundits make me sick, too afraid to upset their old pals by calling them out as cheats, Lineker being one of the worst and again to say, contact does not always equal a foul, it's a physical game, at least it used to be.
    Well we don't agree on the Peru one and I think all four pundits and Kilbane co commentating were honest and said they thought it was a penalty and they're five ex players so should have a fair idea but we'll have to agree to disagree.

I think you're right that it's hard though to tell sometimes as simulation has got to a new level, it's disgusting the amount of cheating going on.

I don't know though why anyone would be against something that will improve the correct decision percentage, they got four out of five right yesterday and even the fifth was debatable. After Coventry I don't understand how any Notts fan could be against it tbh.

Not a fan of VAR in its current format. How can a camera tell whether any contact is enough contact for a player to be impeded? It’s like the low catches in cricket, the camera angle can make it seem like the ball has bounced.
    VAR should be used for the following IMO, checking offside (can be no doubt, you are on or off). If the ref feels his view has been impeded. If an incident has been missed (off the ball stuff)
    VAR is being used incorrectly ATM. It’s supposed to eradicate clear and obvious errors. French penalty was marginal. Could make an argument either way. Argentina were denied a penalty (more contact than theFrench penalty).
    Best use so far is Spain v Portugal. There were a few borderline decisions that the ref had the balls to say ‘I am happy with my call’. Obvious one is Costa’s first goal. Could have gone back to the incident on the CB where Costa makes contact, but as I stated earlier, was it enough to over turn?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Not a fan of VAR in its current format. How can a camera tell whether any contact is enough contact for a player to be impeded? It’s like the low catches in cricket, the camera angle can make it seem like the ball has bounced.
    VAR should be used for the following IMO, checking offside (can be no doubt, you are on or off).
    If the ref feels his view has been impeded. If an incident has been missed (off the ball stuff)
    VAR is being used incorrectly ATM. It’s supposed to eradicate clear and obvious errors. French penalty was marginal. Could make an argument either way. Argentina were denied a penalty (more contact than theFrench penalty).
    Best use so far is Spain v Portugal. There were a few borderline decisions that the ref had the balls to say ‘I am happy with my call’. Obvious one is Costa’s first goal. Could have gone back to the incident on the CB where Costa makes contact, but as I stated earlier, was it enough to over turn?
    Unlike most sports, 99% of refs have never played the game, add to that the proficiency of the players decsptions, it all equals problems.

This is no other sport where players cheat so openly and brazenly and just laugh when caught. We really need a way to stop the cheating, it's that that's ruining games. If you went toe to toe with В Costa in a night club brawl, I doubt he'd go down very easy but put him in the box and he's down!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast