+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR , I’ll say it again.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    It’s going to be a repeat of 1966 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇪

Unless they use var 😏
    VAR wouldn't have overturned the '66 goal. It had been awarded by the ref so VAR would've had to have had definite proof it hadn't crossed the line which they couldn't in a a few seconds because even after 52 years people still debate it.

Goal line technology would've been a different matter though.

Well I’m an old duffer and have to admit that this VAR stuff is confusing the hell out of me.

Just when I think I’ve got it along comes another incident that contradicts what I thought it was for.

Pointless

Seen enough of this now. It will surely kill the game as we've known it for years. What a shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Seen enough of this now. It will surely kill the game as we've known it for years. What a shambles.
    the penalty for Iran you mean? Couldn't see one in that incident to be fair

"the football has become a sideshow - all about VAR and the referees..." think Lawro has a point to be fair
    Last edited by sawmiller; 25-06-2018 at 07:55 PM.

It takes all the INSTANT enjoyment out of the game. Hope it's never adopted in the British game other than as goal line technology.

I'd be more amenable if it sorted out the bad decisions - but we are seeing stonewall penalties missed and then 'never on this earth or Fuller's earth' given

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    the penalty for Iran you mean? Couldn't see one in that incident to be fair

"the football has become a sideshow - all about VAR and the referees..." think Lawro has a point to be fair
    I couldn't understand what happened here.
    The referee originally didn't give a penalty then, after quite a long time he went to look at the VAR screen. So did the VAR officials tell him to have a look and if so, why because it clearly wasn't a penalty?
    VAR certainly isn't removing controversy which is what we were told it would do.

For what it's worth I thought both were pens
    Keep your arms down in the box otherwise you,RE at risk. Portugal player controlled ball with arm and gained an advantage.
    Ball to hand? Keep your arms down and it can't be given.

Fair point, but isn't it normal that our arms raise to some degree when we aim to jump as high as we can?

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast