+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: VAR , I’ll say it again.

Imagine bringing it into league football..a midweek game at nys..this could do me out of pop time..and mi mate could be late when hes on neets...next we'll have managers behind glass and half an hour each way..

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Thing is though, it is the refs decision even with var.
    Plus theres no grey area with offsides. It's just human error that gets it wrong without var..
    By the simple fact that the VAR officials have notified the referee to have a look at the replay they are implying that he has made an error.

Things always look far worse in slow motion which sometimes takes the common sense out of decisions. Handballs have to be deliberate and there is no way that Portuguese handball was deliberate.

VAR is making this World Cup a laughing stock and you just know that the final will be decided by a dodgy VAR decision.

Quote Originally Posted by one_a_day View Post
    By the simple fact that the VAR officials have notified the referee to have a look at the replay they are implying that he has made an error.

Things always look far worse in slow motion which sometimes takes the common sense out of decisions. Handballs have to be deliberate and there is no way that Portuguese handball was deliberate.

VAR is making this World Cup a laughing stock and you just know that the final will be decided by a dodgy VAR decision.
    As I said way back in the thread. Imo it should be the ref who has the technology available if he requests it. Not someone saying in his ear "we think you got that wrong". For all we know that could be happening though without all the conversation details were making a judgement on what we see. Maybe a fan var would be the way to go 😁

I think most of us agree that Portugal handball was not deliberate so who made the call..
    Var looked at it,. The ref had another look at it. The ref have it or was it var who gave it.. I agree it's very confusing ATM though iron through the problems and I can see a use for it.
    One thing it is doing is. Even the best refs through out the world are weak and not great at there jobs.

Why are there no UK based refs at the tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Not good enough (or it could be to do with brexit &#128580
    How sh it must our officials be? Im hoping it makes them (whoever sorts officials out) stand up and get them sorted but I won’t hold my breath

I might agree with var if it was up to the game ref to decide to use it or not and how long it takes to view but atm its a farce
    Last edited by millertop; 26-06-2018 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    We offered them Mr Kettle

Thinking about the standard of referees in the last few seasons at Millers matches I am glad there aren't.

People have been complaining about referees since the game was invented (You don't know what you're doing) and when something comes along to help them out, all you hear is more complaints! It might not be perfect but either accept it's much better than not having it or stop moaning about refs. What's it going to be?

The VAR should only be used if (a) the ref requests it or (b) like in the NFL/MLB the manager throws a challenge. They get e.g. one per half and only on goals scored/disallowed and penalties given/not given. If they win the challenge they retain the right to another one, if they lose it then it's gone and they can't challenge again that half.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I might agree with var if it was up to the game ref to decide to use it or not and how long it takes to view but atm its a farce
    Millertop has taken his first baby step. Hold on to the sofa a little longer and before you know it you'll be walking to mummy's arms.... Yaaaay

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast