+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR , I’ll say it again.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    What? It's adjudicated by a man with a opinion and he's aided by 3 other officials (most of the time are a waste of space) who also have a opinion.
    Var allows the decisions to be viewed in slow motion and from various angles. In a game the refs get 90% of the decisions right..
    If var reduces the 10% wrong decisions down to 5% then it's got to be good..

Let's put it this way. In the near future the 4th official will be made redundant in favour of technology.
    And I can see the linesman going the same way
    The liners have been told not to flag on tight offside decisions, so yeh i think you're right Cayton, why are they there then, really?

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    The liners have been told not to flag on tight offside decisions, so yeh i think you're right Cayton, why are they there then, really?
    At the end of the day if you are offside tight or not,you are offside come on FIFA play to the fecking rules.

What? It's adjudicated by a man with a opinion and he's aided by 3 other officials (most of the time are a waste of space) who also have a opinion.
    Var allows the decisions to be viewed in slow motion and from various angles. In a game the refs get 90% of the decisions right..
    If var reduces the 10% wrong decisions down to 5% then it's got to be good..

Let's put it this way. In the near future the 4th official will be made redundant in favour of technology.
    And I can see the linesman going the same way
    So the ref got it correct in the France game but VAR got it wrong. How does that figure in your percentages.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    But in the France v Australia game it was wrong and cost Australia , the ref was carrying on until the var refs intervened and imo got it wrong .

Get rid of it and just stick with goal line tech
    Don't agree the ref was carrying on until var intervention. The ref was 40 yards away and would be glad to get a 2nd look.
    As someone mentioned above. It's about opinion and I can see why you thought it was not a foul as the Australian kicked the ball on to French player. Though he also caught the top of his heel after the ball had gone.
    Technology is never perfect though we have all been to games. Thought it was a deff pen or deff not then on the replay we are shown to be wrong. Vaulks giving away the pen (think Vs Plymouth) prime example

Quote Originally Posted by one_a_day View Post
    So the ref got it correct in the France game but VAR got it wrong. How does that figure in your percentages.
    How did the ref get it right? He was 40 yards away.. plus didn't the ref look at the monitor himself before reversing the decision?

Argentina should have just had a pen 77mi

He got it correct because he didn’t give the pen. Once it goes to VAR it’s out of his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by one_a_day View Post
    He got it correct because he didn’t give the pen. Once it goes to VAR it’s out of his hands.
    not true m8.
    from official WC site

Referees have the final say in all decisions made. They can request a review, and the VAR can also suggest a review to the referee. VARs watch matches in remote locations and are mic'd up to the referees on the field. They help ensure no errors were made by the referees.

plus its only the correct decision if you didnt think it was a pen (before review). if you think its a pen then he got it wrong (in real time) good job its only opinionated

not true m8.
    from official WC site

Referees have the final say in all decisions made. They can request a review, and the VAR can also suggest a review to the referee. VARs watch matches in remote locations and are mic'd up to the referees on the field. They help ensure no errors were made by the referees.

plus its only the correct decision if you didnt think it was a pen (before review). if you think its a pen then he got it wrong (in real time) good job its only opinionated
    Ref in Iceland/Argie game just proved it, waved away calls for a pen to Argie, replays showed it was a pen for me...

The ref let it go, he didn’t ask for var, they got in his ear, why he gave it I don’t know, pressure maybe.

If you give that then you give everything.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast