+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR , I’ll say it again.

The problem with VAR is that if the foul isn't clear or obvious then it's open to peoples interpretations of what they think is a foul. There's no black and white guide to what constitutes as a foul, although most are obvious there are some, a la France, which comes down to opinion. The VAR for the France game was checked by about 3 officials then checked again. However, because it wasn't clear it never should've been given. Saying that, what if it wasn't given? We'd be having the same debate but for the opposite reason

For what its worth after re watching it several times, I think it is a foul. But it wasn't until I saw it for the 3rd time from all angles that I thought that.

The bonus will be that it should stop diving cheats or people that slyly try to chop someones leg off, it's still new technology and obviously needs tweaking but it will benefit the game in the long run. How many times have we been robbed because incompetent refs can't make the right decision? With VAR it limits that happening

VAR will be introduced in England within a few years I guarantee it, so get used to it folks.

Are the refs incompetent or are they just giving what they see?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    What? It's adjudicated by a man with a opinion and he's aided by 3 other officials (most of the time are a waste of space) who also have a opinion.
    Var allows the decisions to be viewed in slow motion and from various angles. In a game the refs get 90% of the decisions right..
    If var reduces the 10% wrong decisions down to 5% then it's got to be good..

Let's put it this way. In the near future the 4th official will be made redundant in favour of technology.
    And I can see the linesman going the same way
    Personally I am loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Personally I am loving it!
    Me too frog that penalty against South Korea would never have been given without VAR

Made it more exciting

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Back to VAR. Anybody think Switzerland's goal against Brazil should have been disallowed? Not sure what the VAR people were looking at but the system is clearly not taking away controversy so far.
    I didn't watch the game mellow.. think it's going to take time to get right though all the wrong decisions (opinion) will be highlighted even more. Think so far the right decision outweigh the wrong ones.
    There's always 1 or 2 that will be wrong though it's better than one every game like it's getting ATM.

Big game changes always cause controversial decision.
    4th official,. Goal keeper not being allowed to pick up the ball. Offside rule (active, non active)
    ABBA (still not sure why)

No var in England game?

Laughable

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    No var in England game?

Laughable
    For the Kane foul or the pen?

I take back what i said about VAR earlier

What a useless pile of horse manure

Fair enough the Walker pen, I can understand why it was given even if the Tunisian made a meal and half out of it

How did the VAR team not think Kane's foul was a penalty?!?! No surprise to see us being robbed of a goal though is it

Now that is incompetence
    Last edited by Donmiller; 18-06-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Exact same thing just happened again to Kane

Taking the absolute p*ss out of us here

So far VAR isn’t improving the game - and that’s the naked truth

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast