+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR , I’ll say it again.

VAR , I’ll say it again.

It’s sh ite

Who’s eyes saw a France penalty?

I thought that it was only if VAR showed CLEARLY that the original decision was wrong, that it would be changed (?).
    Goal-line technology worked ok though - I couldn't tell if the ball had crossed the Australia goal-line at normal speed. In fact, I would have guessed that it hadn't.

It's going to be a great get out card.Like, I will give Germany a penalty in the last minute then I can blame VAR.

part of the excitement of the game is human error.

this var makes it to clinical.

Great bit of technology, when it's more right than wrong. Fans will always jump on the small % of times it's wrong. Used 4/5 times in the Spain game and imo correct disision every time

Decision even

Football is all about opinions - was it a foul or wasn’t it. Who’s to say the person watching VAR is right.

It’s rubbish and should be scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Great bit of technology, when it's more right than wrong. Fans will always jump on the small % of times it's wrong. Used 4/5 times in the Spain game and imo correct disision every time
    But in the France v Australia game it was wrong and cost Australia , the ref was carrying on until the var refs intervened and imo got it wrong .

Get rid of it and just stick with goal line tech

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    But in the France v Australia game it was wrong and cost Australia , the ref was carrying on until the var refs intervened and imo got it wrong .

Get rid of it and just stick with goal line tech
    Agree with that mate,looks like the big teams are going to badger the ref all the time.iceland should have just had a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by one_a_day View Post
    Football is all about opinions - was it a foul or wasn’t it. Who’s to say the person watching VAR is right.

It’s rubbish and should be scrapped.
    What? It's adjudicated by a man with a opinion and he's aided by 3 other officials (most of the time are a waste of space) who also have a opinion.
    Var allows the decisions to be viewed in slow motion and from various angles. In a game the refs get 90% of the decisions right..
    If var reduces the 10% wrong decisions down to 5% then it's got to be good..

Let's put it this way. In the near future the 4th official will be made redundant in favour of technology.
    And I can see the linesman going the same way

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast