+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR , I’ll say it again.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    It's both. the final choice is on the ref.. he also has the choice to ignore the var request.
    Not surprised that chaos reigns then ☹

A better way would probably to get rid of the lot..ref, linos, and var...why not have say, the ball chipped, and a drone following the ball overhead..the drone could flash either yellow or red for fouls, and if a player argues with it, it tazers him..

Var saves the Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Var saves the Spanish.
    It did but the linesman had flagged anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    It did but the linesman had flagged anyway.
    Cayton missed that bit

Another dodgy one, Australia penalty after VAR decision.

To make matters worse the Danish guy gets a yellow card also. It hit his arm, no way deliberate

The naked truth is they are guessing and changing the VAR ‘rules” on an ad his basis.

All these pens so far with a lot more to come I would say ...dunt it suggest that refs are generally crap at deciding pens. What ramifications will there be for us next year if refs lean on the side of giving pens? Will it benefit us more pens given or work against us. I have a nasty feeling it will work against us...that is the naked truth naked truth,

...ps it would also suggest we need to get ourselves a reliable pen taker next season if we might end up getting more pens plus we need to get our goalies practising saving em eh...?

I think it might just end me going to games tbh, stopping constantly for so called big teams and being nitty gritty but var not working when it came to us

The thing is, the referee didn't think it was a penalty in real time and waved play on.
    The VAR officials sitting in their little room in full referees kit suggested he should have another look. So he had another look, saw that it was not deliberate handball but inexplicably changed his decision and gave a penalty.
    What seems to be happening is that referees assume they must be wrong if VAR intervenes so they automatically change their original decision.
    VAR has not removed controversy and people who have played the game or managed at the highest level are still disagreeing about some of the decisions that have been given.
    What's the point of it all? It's becoming farcical.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast