The problem with VAR is that if the foul isn't clear or obvious then it's open to peoples interpretations of what they think is a foul. There's no black and white guide to what constitutes as a foul, although most are obvious there are some, a la France, which comes down to opinion. The VAR for the France game was checked by about 3 officials then checked again. However, because it wasn't clear it never should've been given. Saying that, what if it wasn't given? We'd be having the same debate but for the opposite reason

For what its worth after re watching it several times, I think it is a foul. But it wasn't until I saw it for the 3rd time from all angles that I thought that.

The bonus will be that it should stop diving cheats or people that slyly try to chop someones leg off, it's still new technology and obviously needs tweaking but it will benefit the game in the long run. How many times have we been robbed because incompetent refs can't make the right decision? With VAR it limits that happening

VAR will be introduced in England within a few years I guarantee it, so get used to it folks.