Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: Kari Arnason World Cup debut...

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    And Sterling is Jamaican what's your point?
    You said Iceland was a proper team. I pointed out that one of them isn't even from that country so they ain't that 'proper'.
    I didn't say anything about England being a 'proper team' it was you who made that comment about Iceland.

    For what it's worth i wish Sterling didn't play for England. That's not because of his place of birth it's because he's garbage.

    Just on the subject of Iceland, their people are the biggest bunch of glory seekers I've ever met.
    I went to Iceland for two weeks about 14 months before they beat us in the Euro's. I tried to make conversation about their team getting better many many times during my visit and no one, and i repeat no one, knew anything about their footballers. I even showed them a picture of Kari and everyone shrugged their shoulders and looked blank.
    The only players from their national team at least some of them had heard of was Gylfi (Swansea) and Eidur Gudjohnson (Chelsea, Bolton).

    'Proper' players, 'proper' fans? You're deluded

  2. #22
    I never said "proper players, proper fans", I said a proper team as in one that works together without all the usual egos associated with modern-day multi-millionaire football players.

  3. #23
    err..hardly a proper team if some of them aren't even Icelandic. Mercenaries

    Don't fall for all this thunderclap nonsense. Bunch of fakes
    Last edited by flourbasher; 16-06-2018 at 07:05 PM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    err..hardly a proper team if some of them aren't even Icelandic. Mercenaries

    Don't fall for all this thunderclap nonsense. Bunch of fakes
    Arnason has Icelandic parents though and Sterling has/had Jamaicans ones.

    Both moved to the countries they play for at 5 years old.
    Last edited by great_fire; 16-06-2018 at 07:41 PM.

  5. #25
    Kari's parents are from Reykjavik where Kari grew up and is now playing his second spell for Vikingur where he started his career.

    His Dad is a fan of their rivals Valur and tried to get him to play for them instead.

  6. #26
    I have a lot more respect for Kari as a footballer than I do Sterling and the differences in their respective salaries are probably huge.
    One has proved himself at the top international level in recent years and the other hasn't proved anything on the world stage
    No justice there at all
    Last edited by flourbasher; 16-06-2018 at 08:17 PM.

  7. #27
    Like so many England players in the past, Sterling can't seem to repeat his club form in an England shirt. It's an ongoing problem we've had for many years.
    As one former MillersMadster used to say, there's a player in there somewhere. I'll reserve judgement til after our Exit, whenever and at what stage that might be.
    Oh, and well done Arni.

  8. #28
    Arni is the opposite, plays much better for his country.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Whilst the left would no doubt applaud an England World Cup win as a victory for "multiculturalism" and modern multi-ethnic Britain and all that (as seen when France won in 1998) it would also occur under a Conservative government and therefore could also be seen as a Tory win could it not?

    Certainly a boost to the popularity of the government in the short-term.
    I couldn't give two shytes who's in charge of the country if we win it....

    I couldn't give two shytes whichever bigot would think that it was a 'victory for multiculturism' if we won it....

    I couln't give two shytes how 'multi-ethnic' the team is if we win it....

    You've just given up the reason you don't want us to win, and you'd prefer Iceland, the fact that there's no 'multi-ethnics' in Iceland's team, where there certainly is in ours, the aryan race eh....what a pathetic bigotted and sad person you are....

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I couldn't give two shytes who's in charge of the country if we win it....

    I couldn't give two shytes whichever bigot would think that it was a 'victory for multiculturism' if we won it....

    I couln't give two shytes how 'multi-ethnic' the team is if we win it....

    You've just given up the reason you don't want us to win, and you'd prefer Iceland, the fact that there's no 'multi-ethnics' in Iceland's team, where there certainly is in ours, the aryan race eh....what a pathetic bigotted and sad person you are....
    Is it still OK if I do give a shyte? Or is that not allowed anymore?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Post #12....

    Regardless of politics, i'm a left winger who ardently supports my country and it's flag, unlike yourself, plainly, what a great patriot you are.
    I remember so called Eng 'fans' singing '1 nil to the Ingerland' after we beat someone 2 nil. The second goal by John Barnes didnt count. Maybe why guys like GF dont support their national team anymore.

  12. #32
    I have to admit that the nazis who attach themselves to the england team puts me off a bit from supporting England. But obviously not all England fans are members of far right groups. If we can ban the Nazi element of our fan base i think we can all feel a lot more comfortable supporting england.

  13. #33
    Interesting comparison re Sterling / Arneson. One guy seems less talented yet perceived to be superior because he appears to try harder (yet Ive seen him stroll round NYS at times). Yet Sterling, more talented (and top draw Premier League player) but, because he is not seen to hit the heights of say Messi, is slagged off as being a waster. How do we know hes not maximising his talent and this is his very best?

  14. #34
    Well, I for one would not like to see a bloke with an assault rifle tattoo on his leg holding the World Cup aloft.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Well, I for one would not like to see a bloke with an assault rifle tattoo on his leg holding the World Cup aloft.
    Lol. Yet you support the right to arm yourself in the USA.

    The question you should ask is why Sterling has the rifle tattoo.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Interesting comparison re Sterling / Arneson. One guy seems less talented yet perceived to be superior because he appears to try harder (yet Ive seen him stroll round NYS at times). Yet Sterling, more talented (and top draw Premier League player) but, because he is not seen to hit the heights of say Messi, is slagged off as being a waster. How do we know hes not maximising his talent and this is his very best?
    That's not how i see it. Arnason isn't less talented, he's just played his club football at a lower level. Arnason reads the game like a master, knows where the ball is going to be played and his positional awareness is first class. This is why he can mix it with the world's best players

    Sterling runs around a lot, gets into decent positions around the opposition area, then seems to go down blind alleys far too often and ultimately gets dispossessed. There's no decent cross, pass or no end product. This is why he's a disappointment at international level and vastly overrated. I hope he proves me wrong though in this tournament, I really do.
    Unfortunately, RUFC also has a player very similar to how Sterling plays

  17. #37
    What a thread this is, kinda sums the place up. Starts with a harmless post about an ex Miller making his first appearance at the World cup finals. Gets all political with the left/right wing arguments and ends up alluding to gun laws in America. Only on Millersmad eh, still talking about something is better than not talking at all I suppose.

    Well played yesterday Kari.

    Come on you mighty 3 Lions.

    Bang bang, ha ha you missed ya w@nker!!!

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    What a thread this is, kinda sums the place up. Starts with a harmless post about an ex Miller making his first appearance at the World cup finals. Gets all political with the left/right wing arguments and ends up alluding to gun laws in America. Only on Millersmad eh, still talking about something is better than not talking at all I suppose.

    Well played yesterday Kari.

    Come on you mighty 3 Lions.

    Bang bang, ha ha you missed ya w@nker!!!
    Thats why we post on here Riley - lol. Just a bit of knock about banter.

  19. #39
    That's what I have always said about politics though Riley its hard to talk about owt without it haven't some sort of political implication or slant. Whenever you debate owt eventually it will come down to political opinion even say how many times you change your underpants! When people come on here and say "this is a football forum I don't want to hear about politics" that is a political statement itself! Its what makes our message board great though and not sterile like millersBanter.

  20. #40
    He had a fair game, both centre halves were sat too far back for the goal. A few of his headed clearances were straight to Argentinian players, luckily for them Argentina looked poor.

    The south american teams don't look that good, and conmebol will likely be given 6 places out of 10 in 2026 and allowed to enter the play off, so could be a possible 7/10 teams there!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •