+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kari Arnason World Cup debut...

It is very strange that a lot of English football fans these days sort of disown their national team.
    It's as though they are saying that if we can't get anywhere near the quarter or semi finals anymore then they're nothing to do with me.
    It certainly is pathetic because people should support their national team regardless of how they are doing. Have a whinge by all means but don't disown them

It's like if RUFC got themselves relegated to div 2 then some fans would claim not to support them. This does happen but it's just not right....thick and thin and all that.
    There was someone who posts on this board said he'd had enough and wasn't going again around November and look what a season we had and where we ended up. Hilarious
    Last edited by flourbasher; 16-06-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Why, why?, really, just one point, regardless of what England have been like for how many years, they're England, your team, that's why.
    I like Iceland, they're not my team though, and who gives a shyte about whether they have a viking ancestry, get a grip.
    I thought you left-wingers didn't believe in nations and borders?

In any case I can support whichever team I want for whatever reasons I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Arnason isn't Icelandic, he's Swedish
    And Sterling is Jamaican what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I thought you left-wingers didn't believe in nations and borders?

In any case I can support whichever team I want for whatever reasons I want to.
    I believe in my Nation and my borders, planet Earth calling great_fire, and now you've brought politics into it, how ironic that a bloke wh hates immigrants and has a warped view of olde world England doesn't actually support his national team...like i said, pathetic....

Well it usually is the left who say that waving the England flag or celebrating St George's Day is "racist" isn't it?

Well it usually is the left who say that waving the England flag or celebrating St George's Day is "racist" isn't it?
    No, not ever, just in your warped mind, i've got my England flag up in my back garden, on a makeshift flagpole, it goes up for every tournament, usually down after the first round....

That flag is for English folk, just because it's been hijacked by fascist right wing muppets as a political tool and folk oppose that doesn't make them hate it...

Just like to apologise to the rest of the board for this thread becoming political, just can't stand by and read bull written by folk like GF...

It's the left who make everything political and about race/ gender/ ***ual identity.

Hence why the BBC News site is obsessed with identity politics rather than actual news.

Political correctness is actually applied Critical Theory which is a type of Marxism that developed in academic circles.

The point of PC/ CT/ Marxism is to destroy everything; capitalism, borders, nations, the family, even history, and then "rebuild".

It's the left who make everything political and about race/ gender/ ***ual identity.

Hence why the BBC News site is obsessed with identity politics rather than actual news.

Political correctness is actually applied Critical Theory which is a type of Marxism that developed in academic circles.

The point of PC/ CT/ Marxism is to destroy everything; capitalism, borders, nations, the family, even history, and then "rebuild".
    Post #12....

Regardless of politics, i'm a left winger who ardently supports my country and it's flag, unlike yourself, plainly, what a great patriot you are.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Post #12....

Regardless of politics, i'm a left winger who ardently supports my country and it's flag, unlike yourself, plainly, what a great patriot you are.
    Whilst the left would no doubt applaud an England World Cup win as a victory for "multiculturalism" and modern multi-ethnic Britain and all that (as seen when France won in 1998) it would also occur under a Conservative government and therefore could also be seen as a Tory win could it not?

Certainly a boost to the popularity of the government in the short-term.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast