+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Var

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Quote from your linky John.

"Like it or not, it is certainly having an impact - 10 penalties have been awarded in 17 matches. The World Cup record is 18 for an entire tournament"

This just proves either how wrong refs have been in the past or how inefficient they are.
    most certainly Sir, hope you and yours are well mate...
    john.
    also enjoyed Alan Shearers reaction to the winner..

I think refs should use it more like Nigel Owens in rugby, he constantly talking to var ref when something happens. Before he's even spoken to anyone which would reduce stoppage time for decisions.

I also think VAR should be able to highlight something to the ref if play has stopped for any reason it would make better use of technology

I also think it should be honest with an open Mic similarly to rugby which would stop the idea the ref was biased or show they were

Quote Originally Posted by Toonpalace View Post
    I think refs should use it more like Nigel Owens in rugby, he constantly talking to var ref when something happens. Before he's even spoken to anyone which would reduce stoppage time for decisions.

I also think VAR should be able to highlight something to the ref if play has stopped for any reason it would make better use of technology

I also think it should be honest with an open Mic similarly to rugby which would stop the idea the ref was biased or show they were
    All good ideas Toonpalace, they would make the game fairer and help to silence doubters where corruption was possible.

Aye, got no issue with the mic thing at all. THink that is one of the good things about rugby.

Another VAR situation, another penalty. In some sense it's great, but when someone commits a foul to get the ball and 10 seconds later his team receives a penalty I wonder if it's really worth it.

Was saying on 5Live that VAR is improving the amount of goals at set pieces because players no that if they do "the dark arts" they'll likely be penalised for it.

Absolutely pathetic from the VAR officials tonight. There were two Swiss players holding Mitro down and a pen would have changed the complexion of the game completely.

I think people miss the fact that the VAR can only be used when the ref on pitch asks for it, which I feel is to discredit the need for it. Until it's put in use as per my suggestions I don't think there will be a fair game in high level

You sure? I thought I'd seen the ref listen to his earpiece then go and check something on the advice of VAR?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    You sure? I thought I'd seen the ref listen to his earpiece then go and check something on the advice of VAR?
    From what i understand, they can tell the ref and then its his choice to use VAR.

So England game, they tell him and he ignores . . . His right to do so.
    Brazil game, they tell him and he reviews. . . no Brazil penalty.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)