+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Var

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    From what i understand, they can tell the ref and then its his choice to use VAR.

So England game, they tell him and he ignores . . . His right to do so.
    Brazil game, they tell him and he reviews. . . no Brazil penalty.
    Totally unreliable for me, too many if's, but's and maybe's.

Its a total mess, some really soft penalties have been given yet they ignored the two most clearest with Kane and Mitrovic plus the two handed shove on the Brazilian player for the swiss goal. Makes you wonder what they are doing in their little booth

It shows one thing. It shows that the VAR is deliberately being used to create massive issues so that they can do away with it and carry on ripping us all off in favour of the chosen elites and also the pockets of the big wigs.

As usual people will end up manipulated into acceptance of getting rid of VAR and back into the hands of incapable or dishonest officials that will decide multi million pound issues on a basic whim.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    You sure? I thought I'd seen the ref listen to his earpiece then go and check something on the advice of VAR?
    the vatr team tell the ref he needs to look at something
    the reason i think the reffing has been dire at this world cup is the reliance on VAR

to many cooks etc

and no english refs as well
    shocking
    some of the lesser countries refs are just terrible
    slow ,cant keep up with the game and not used to reffing big names

I agree, some of the refs have been very poor.

But there's a rabbit off with those VAR non-decisions on Mitrovic and Kane. There's an agenda somewhere.

But there's a rabbit off with those VAR non-decisions on Mitrovic and Kane. There's an agenda somewhere.
    Zippmeister the banana man...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMl6HnhFFIA
    and you may be right with the issue thingy, we shall see how this VAR concept develops...
    take care mate
    john.

Are you beginning a conspiracy theory Zip?

You would think the powers that be would be trying their utmost to put the VAR system in a good light and prove it's worth. After that mauling of Mitrovic not being caught it would seem to be the opposite, a blind man would have spotted it. As you say, very suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    You would think the powers that be would be trying their utmost to put the VAR system in a good light and prove it's worth. After that mauling of Mitrovic not being caught it would seem to be the opposite, a blind man would have spotted it. As you say, very suspicious.
    or Harry Kane, twice!

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    Zippmeister the banana man...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMl6HnhFFIA
    and you may be right with the issue thingy, we shall see how this VAR concept develops...
    take care mate
    john.
    Evening, John.

Mint link.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)