+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Petrodiddy cup 2018/19

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I agree with the Colts teams shouldn't be there. So id rather Raith went through too along with every other team playing colt teams

Obviously two colt teams will have to go through. It was a sh@te idea to invite them and its a warm up for the gruesome twosome getting in the bottom tier

It also lessens the chances of them drawing one of the "foreign teams*" which is a shame because when do these teams get to go "abroad" for a competitive games. I read an article on Falkirk playing Sligo Rovers away. The fans loved it and had a ball.

*I am by no means championing the foreigners, its also a sh@te idea
    I couldn't give a flying f@ck about raith or wanting them to get a trip to wales or ireland

I agree with the Colts teams shouldn't be there. So id rather Raith went through too along with every other team playing colt teams

Obviously two colt teams will have to go through. It was a sh@te idea to invite them and its a warm up for the gruesome twosome getting in the bottom tier

It also lessens the chances of them drawing one of the "foreign teams*" which is a shame because when do these teams get to go "abroad" for a competitive games. I read an article on Falkirk playing Sligo Rovers away. The fans loved it and had a ball.

*I am by no means championing the foreigners, its also a sh@te idea
    So the “foreign teams” rank as more entitles than the Scottish colt teams?

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    I couldn't give a flying f@ck about raith or wanting them to get a trip to wales or ireland
    Indeed, this should be viewed as an opportunity to give our youth players exposure and experience at a tougher level which can only be good for the development of young Scottish players

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Fair enough.

That cup is a f@cking joke for so many reasons. Colt teams can f@ck off, the foreigners can f@ck off and the point made in my OP is beyond a joke.

The purpose of the challenge cup was to have a cup where the top flight teams were uninvited and it was for the lower leagues. Not to give some kids of top flight teams a kick about. Another one of the Hampden beaks f@cks up

How did Sevco colts get an invite when they don't even submit a team in the development league.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    So the “foreign teams” rank as more entitles than the Scottish colt teams?
    No I never said that. I clearly stated that I don't champion that either and clearly stated that it was "a sh@te idea"

Indeed, this should be viewed as an opportunity to give our youth players exposure and experience at a tougher level which can only be good for the development of young Scottish players
    Aye give our young players a kick about before they are punted out the door which happens season after season after season

Aye give our young players a kick about before they are punted out the door which happens season after season after season
    Surely could still be viewed as a positive that it gives them exposure to that level of football.
    Might even incentivise some to do something different.

No I never said that. I clearly stated that I don't champion that either and clearly stated that it was "a sh@te idea"
    I get that you don't champion either, but you also said it reduced the opportunity for teams to get a "foreign" draw, hence my take from it that you think the "foreign teams" had more right to be in the competition

Surely could still be viewed as a positive that it gives them exposure to that level of football.
    Might even incentivise some to do something different.
    I know you would defend anything to do with the club even if they started force feeding penguins with plastic bags, however, I I can understand where you are coming from with this but the Colt teams are all wrong. Ask any supporter of the wee clubs and they will tell you how pissed off they are. This was for the cheeks and it's like everything else in Scottish football, it's all been geared up to look after them. Don't be naive Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I know you would defend anything to do with the club even if they started force feeding penguins with plastic bags, however, I I can understand where you are coming from with this but the Colt teams are all wrong. Ask any supporter of the wee clubs and they will tell you how pissed off they are. This was for the cheeks and it's like everything else in Scottish football, it's all been geared up to look after them. Don't be naive Steve.
    No need for the stupid analogies.
    I clearly would have no merit or justification for force feeding penguins plastic.
    With the Colt teams, I get the point and others views on it.
    My philosophy for this and all walks of life is not to bemoan that which you can’t change, but accept it and move on with a positive mind frame as to what’s the best you can take out from it.
    In this instance, the young dons get exposure and experience at a level they don’t normally get.

As you say, you get my point.
    Whether or not you agree is entirely your option and entitlement of your own opinion.

It’s not defending the club, it’s looking forward and taking the best reality options that we can achieve.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast