+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Victor Moses creates new record for Nigeria against Croatia..

Victor Moses creates new record for Nigeria against Croatia..

... for most dives in a single match.

He spent half of the match flat on the ground -a bit embarrassing really, as his antics were having no effect on the ref
    Last edited by mikemiller; 16-06-2018 at 09:18 PM.

Beating Ivan Toney's record at the NYS last month?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Beating Ivan Toney's record at the NYS last month?
    Speaking of Ivan Toney, I know he didn't exactly cover himself in glory at NYS with his antics, but would he be worth a shout for us next season?
    Him and Duane Holmes were two of league 1's better players last season. We will need some pace and they have it.

African football doesn't seem to have progressed too much in the last 20 years .

Don't get me wrong they produce some outstanding individual footballers but fall short of producing great teams .

To be totally honest and my opinion I was appalled by Nigeria's performance last night against Croatia .

It's possibly one of the worst Croatian teams I've seen at a major tournament and yet Nigeria couldn't even put in a decent shift .

No enthusiasm no energy , actually no nothing .

Why spend two years qualifying and turn up like that in a game you are more than capable of getting something out of ? .

FIFA want to expand the tournament to 48 teams , really !!!

You know what in my honest opinion they need to cut it to 16 , 16 elite nations who actually grasp what this tournament is actually all about .

Based on what I've seen the Saudi's and Nigeria plus many more have no right to be at the world cup .

There are players in world football with more money in the bank than the whole of the african continet who will run their blood to water to win the games ultimate prize .

If Africa doesn't get it then feck off because to be honest your participation just devalues the whole event .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 17-06-2018 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    FIFA want to expand the tournament to 48 teams , really !!!

You know what in my honest opinion they need to cut it to 16 , 16 elite nations who actually grasp what this tournament is actually all about .
    Even if they lose the rest of their games, teams like Nigeria, Egypt and Iceland are the reason why I love The World Cup so much. I think your idea is daft to be honest. Are you American by any chance?
    Last edited by sota; 17-06-2018 at 05:15 AM.

16 is too few but 48 is too many, compromise on 32.

Agreed it’s great to see a wide variety of teams, but I think 32 is about right.

I was going to say about Nigeria that it must be difficult having all their players play in a different continent and not together all that much. And they certainly don’t have as good a infrastructure as most other countries that have won the world cup (only 8 have mind you). Don’t forget that we have far fewer coaches in this country than they do in say Germany, and look at the difference there.

But then again on the first point all the Saudis play in the same division and it didn’t help them much...

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    Agreed it’s great to see a wide variety of teams, but I think 32 is about right.

I was going to say about Nigeria that it must be difficult having all their players play in a different continent and not together all that much. And they certainly don’t have as good a infrastructure as most other countries that have won the world cup (only 8 have mind you). Don’t forget that we have far fewer coaches in this country than they do in say Germany, and look at the difference there.

But then again on the first point all the Saudis play in the same division and it didn’t help them much...
    All Rovrums second team(Iceland) play away from home and they aren,t doing tooo badly.

Quote Originally Posted by tom12026 View Post
    All Rovrums second team(Iceland) play away from home and they aren,t doing tooo badly.
    Very true, clearly I’m over excited and talking rubbish 🙂

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast