+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bournemouth bid £12m for...........................

Yes it's down to CW whether we keep or sell what he also said was any money received would go into his pot and chris duly tied himself to the club I'm under no illusion if the board welched on that promise hey would be looking for another manager and I think they know that too

I think we can get at least 15 for Brooks and wouldn't sell him for any less but in Chris I trust what worries me is if the board go bk on there word to him this is a big test of them

I’m with FKB on this one. If Brooksy can recreate the form he showed early doors last season (I think he will) he could be the difference between top two or play-offs and that big money prize that could come with it. With a couple of quality additions we might just have a very competitive squad challenging for promotion.
    CW has got the owners inside with what he achieved last season so if it’s his decision I think he’ll want to keep him. I could be completely wrong of course and Chris might see a chance to upgrade a few positions but I think he wants to take us up with DB staying put.

All shoulda woulda coulda......an on fire brooks or £12-£15million to spend on a SQUAD. I’m not sure what I’d take right now. Chris will make the right choice.

If we want to progress then selling your best players is something you don't do
    I thought we should have learned that by now

He's young and raw, but he is one of only a few players in the whole of the Championship that can turn a game in a split second.

When he gets the ball people stand up and the decibel level increases (half of it with miserable gits telling everyone to sit down)

It's not long ago that the players trying to make things happen in our midfield was Baxter and Scougall (No disrespect to Scougall) but neither of them are David Brooks

David Brooks illness and Paul Coutts injury cost us big time last season, more so than anything else.
    Coutts controlling everything in the middle and Brooks given the free role to do what he liked, it suited our style perfectly, and that's what we need back again this season

We won't find a similar player to him because there isn't one, not in the Championship anyway.
    Last edited by JJBlade; 17-06-2018 at 12:06 PM.

As sure as eggs is eggs Bournemouth will be relegated eventually. Maybe not next season, maybe not even the season after, but they will get relegated.
    Their closest neighbours are Southampton, Portsmouth and Reading, all of them bigger clubs, and none of them have been able to maintain a Premier league place for very long.

Newcastle and Villa have been relegated (Newcastle twice quite recently)
    West Ham have been relegated in 2011 (I think) and they are always likely to find themselves in a relegation fight just as much as they are to occasionally be top half

Bournemouth cannot survive for long, they just can't

Could get interesting

Name:  Screenshot_20180617_142015_Twitter.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  63.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Its probably not a full £12 mill and includes add ons. Way too low. Other clubs are interested. Bournemouth just trying to get in early. If we did sell how are we going to afford the wages of suitable replacement. In the short term we aren't. It would be back to the bad old days of the Board if he was let go for such a derisory amount.

I am with FKB and B64 on this. We don't have anyone like him in the squad. He hasn't realised his full potential and a full season in the championship will double his value at the very minimum. He has 3 years on his contract so no reason to sell unless silly money comes in. If it was £20m then that is another matter.
    He's a joy to watch is BROOKSY but let's say we turn a £15million bid darn,dunt we think the Agency he's nar with will not say to the board we want a BIG wage increase? I hope he stays but as i've said consistently enjoy him whilst he's here cos he's destined to leave sooner or later,and to the BLADE at Oakwell who said he's rubbish. UTCB

im inbetween on this one but i still think brooks will be sold this summer

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    If we want to progress then selling your best players is something you don't do
    I thought we should have learned that by now

He's young and raw, but he is one of only a few players in the whole of the Championship that can turn a game in a split second.

When he gets the ball people stand up and the decibel level increases (half of it with miserable gits telling everyone to sit down)

It's not long ago that the players trying to make things happen in our midfield was Baxter and Scougall (No disrespect to Scougall) but neither of them are David Brooks

David Brooks illness and Paul Coutts injury cost us big time last season, more so than anything else.
    Coutts controlling everything in the middle and Brooks given the free role to do what he liked, it suited our style perfectly, and that's what we need back again this season

We won't find a similar player to him because there isn't one, not in the Championship anyway.

Agree with this, get in 3/4 quality players and keep Brookes we give ourselves every chance, 20 million has been reported that Wilder has to spend, If the two Chelsea boys are signed then bring in a fwd, 2 if possible and a central defender we wont be looking bad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast