+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bournemouth bid £12m for...........................

Bournemouth bid £12m for...........................

.........................David Brooks

According to Sunday Rag

If that is true then this will test the resolve of not only the board but CW

Lot of money. If CW is in charge of in and outs then this is his first big test. Every player has his price. What is Brooks's price?

it could be a very tempting offer for brooks if true but if we are thinking of selling lets test their resolve and ask for 15mill and maybe brooks and grabban on year long loans

£12m is not very much out of Bournemouths bank book,tell em its £20m or they can **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    £12m is not very much out of Bournemouths bank book,tell em its £20m or they can **** off.
    Personally, if we can get closer to £15m and a decent sell on clause I would be tempted to let him leave, but that of course is dependent upon CW receiving the fee to reinvest.

thats the 64 million dollar question 58 innitt how much chris would get of it mind hes such a strong charachter he may demand most of it for new players and thats the way it should be could put us in a very stong position to get the better quality players in that chris obviously wants

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    .........................David Brooks

According to Sunday Rag

If that is true then this will test the resolve of not only the board but CW

Lot of money. If CW is in charge of in and outs then this is his first big test. Every player has his price. What is Brooks's price?
    I firmly believe that we should not sell Brooks at any price for at least one year. He is capable of that flash of brilliance that can change and win games that we otherwise wouldn't have. We don't have that anywhere else. Lots of team don't have it. If Tufty has a budget to bring in his other targets why would we sell a jewel so we can buy three lumps of coal..?

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I firmly believe that we should not sell Brooks at any price for at least one year. He is capable of that flash of brilliance that can change and win games that we otherwise wouldn't have. We don't have that anywhere else. Lots of team don't have it. If Tufty has a budget to bring in his other targets why would we sell a jewel so we can buy three lumps of coal..?
    CW will have targets based on his budget that may well be upgraded to better targets and possibly give us a greater opportunity to achieve promotion if there's another £12m - £15m in the coffers

However, if CW decides Brooks is staying that's fine with me

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Personally, if we can get closer to £15m and a decent sell on clause I would be tempted to let him leave, but that of course is dependent upon CW receiving the fee to reinvest.
    Have we forgot what twirlo70 said already or don't we believe him. I honestly don't believe even our board are that stupid as to make a promise to chris and then break it a month later

For £15 million I would sell him. We have only seen flashes of quality and he is only potential at the moment. Unfortunately we are not yet in a position where we can gamble on potential versus a huge boost to our transfer budget. It could be the difference in helping to provide the overall quality we need.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Have we forgot what twirlo70 said already or don't we believe him. I honestly don't believe even our board are that stupid as to make a promise to chris and then break it a month later
    I haven't forgot B, but money talks

twirlo seems to be well ITK, but as we've seen in the past and will continue to see in the future, things change and they change often, no more so than in football

And I repeat, whatever CW's decision is, I am happy with

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast