+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Improving all the time.

Improving all the time.

Well done Aitor. We now have 3 Portuguese. A few more signings like Bamford.
    Not sure about Maddison. I'd prefer Bamby over him.
    Heard Oliviera is back in the frame. I would say no but since we're going Portuguese it might not be a bad choice after all. Maddison would be good but no point paying way over the top. Give him to Derby then. Their ageing squad needs some youngish players

Rom time you decided what team you support Funny your back to being a tree now because you think things are going to improve

If Forest don't make a push next season we never will, interesting signings, a few more shrewd additions then off we go.
    Mr Ram, we're coming for you! COYR

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    If Forest don't make a push next season we never will, interesting signings, a few more shrewd

additions then off we go.
    Mr Ram, we're coming for you! COYR
    You have been saying that since 1998 we are still waiting

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Rom time you decided what team you support Funny your back to being a tree now because you think things are going to improve
    I dunno where you got the impression. I have a soft spot for Derby yes, because of the Clough/Taylor connection. I've also met a few Rams here in the Far East and we get on fine. I've never detested Derby and do not share the kind of rivalry as many of my fellow fans do.
    Last season I adopted Derby as my 2nd team and I've made it clear on numerous occasions that it does not imply switching sides. And whilst I won't join in any direct criticism of the club, I might on occasion engage in some banter.

Now it's a new season, I may or may not carry on in the same vein. And even if I do not, I won't revel if you fail but may have the occasional tease.
    If you succeed, I won't be disappointed, I'd be happy for you and your fellow Rams and would hope it would spur us to follow suit.

If I wanted to give up on Forest, I would have done so a long time ago. Funnily I had a discussion on this with an old school friend who supports Man Utd. Like me, it was also the first club we watched on tv back in the late 70s that decided it for us. Although I was brought to a couple of Forest games as a kid, it was only around 9 or 10, that I begin to follow footy seriously. And Forest were the first team I watched against West Ham. Forest were a force then and I joked that has I known we'd be this crap years later, I might have decided against it.

In all seriousness, it's basically because of Clough and Taylor to a lesser extent that won me over. I dunno if you watched Derby when either were there. But the man was such a genius, it's difficult not to root for him and his team.

I hope it'll be a great season for both clubs but I certainly hope we don't face each other in the play-offs if by some miracle Forest get there.
    Although I very much doubt it. It's gonna be very tough next season what with Stoke, WBA, Villa, Boro, yourselves and maybe even Hull or Swansea.
    I'd be happy if we just could be part of the equation going into the final weeks.

I'm not sure how good these Portuguese players are but I think if we're going to buy foreign, it might be a better idea to have most of them from the same country. Karanka is a good manager, maybe he being Iberian himself, might be able to bring the best in them.
    I gather Mr Mendes is the agent behind all of these. It could be he's just foistering these players on us, but he does have a better reputation than most and hopefully the opposite is true. These players under his wing are the ones he believes can truly make an impact. Although one suspects it might a case of both.

Hopefully Frank does the same at Derby and maybe getting that Posh player might be good business for you. I don't think Karanka is going for him. If we aren't, then I hope you get him.

Good luck then.