+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Is it £40m total or £40m + sales

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Who did the player sales benefit and generate money for again?

Are we going to see any difference in the investment levels in the squad now that we have stopped finding Wijnaldums and Sissokis?
    I have certainly seen a decline in transfers since carr has gone and we haven't found players like that

the ones recently certainly wont be getting us the return they did
    however good or por you thought they were

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    I have certainly seen a decline in transfers since carr has gone and we haven't found players like that

the ones recently certainly wont be getting us the return they did
    however good or por you thought they were
    When we find good players, the profits made on their sales do not get reinvested.

It really should make no odds to fans now if a player goes for 1 or 100 million. The end result on the team is the same.

Minimal investment possible.

how can you invest hugely on players when 100 mill plus each year goes on wages aloan

think of that

so you need to find players with sell on clauses or who like carr did had buy out clauses end of contracts etc etc etc which allow teams like us to be a stepping stone club

the truth is
    we havent got carrs players now

does anyone think we wil make a profit on any rafa has brought in
    factoring in wages etc

nope

so you have to find it from the turnover or income from the club

and when over 100 mill is on wages that dont leave alot

i personally in rafas shoes wouldnt have gotten rid of carr as early as he did

is rafa going to find any big name stars with sell on clauses etc etc
    nope

he has his work cut out findin 10-15 under 23,s in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    how can you invest hugely on players when 100 mill plus each year goes on wages aloan

think of that

so you need to find players with sell on clauses or who like carr did had buy out clauses end of contracts etc etc etc which allow teams like us to be a stepping stone club

the truth is
    we havent got carrs players now

does anyone think we wil make a profit on any rafa has brought in
    factoring in wages etc

nope

so you have to find it from the turnover or income from the club

and when over 100 mill is on wages that dont leave alot

i personally in rafas shoes wouldnt have gotten rid of carr as early as he did

is rafa going to find any big name stars with sell on clauses etc etc
    nope

he has his work cut out findin 10-15 under 23,s in a few weeks
    As I stated in an earlier post at every transfer window Ashley gives the manager a budget to spend. Every transfer that is brought in to the Club we are told that the players wages are factored into the transfer fee for the length of the contract.

So if the wage bill is £100 million then the Club has this money salted away to cover all players brought in under Ashley. So our wage bill is minimal to say the least as the majority of our first team players have been brought in during Ashley’s tenure at the Club

On another tack all players transferred out of the Club before their contracts end then that money for future salaries is still within the Club.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    As I stated in an earlier post at every transfer window Ashley gives the manager a budget to spend. Every transfer that is brought in to the Club we are told that the players wages are factored into the transfer fee for the length of the contract.

So if the wage bill is £100 million then the Club has this money salted away to cover all players brought in under Ashley. So our wage bill is minimal to say the least as the majority of our first team players have been brought in during Ashley’s tenure at the Club

On another tack all players transferred out of the Club before their contracts end then that money for future salaries is still within the Club.
    Replying to my own post but it doesn’t seem that anyone has an answer to this conundrum

Replying to my own post but it doesn’t seem that anyone has an answer to this conundrum
    Books cooked. To. Fk

Books cooked. To. Fk
    This

Books cooked. To. Fk
    That could very well be the answer

Ashley thinks we’re all ‘fick norven mankees’ but we’re not and can see through his big scam. I’ve said before the club could run itself, as he’s said he wants, but he doesn’t let it. For his own gains of course.

i wouldnt say a 100m mill a year is minimal

the club wont have the money salted away
    no more than i do when i pay my lads
    it comes in weekly etc
    as our wage bill does
    weekly from gate recipts etc yearly from sky

im sure we arent sitting on 100 mill

im sure we would get taxed on it if we just had it sitting there and told the tax man it was marked for wage payments

im sure ash would do forecasts or our accounts department would anyway

but as i say and people dont seem to grasp this
    any buisness whos workforce take over 74% of its income in wages alone will not survive and develop .what i would want to know is how much we are also paying towards pensions for tes eplayers etc

truth is we got rid of carr we aint making extra profits from player sales
    so we rely on tv income advertising and ticket and match day revenue

and thats all accounted for in players wages just about
    Last edited by pboromag; 23-06-2018 at 09:09 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)