+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Is it £40m total or £40m + sales

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    i wouldnt say a 100m mill a year is minimal

the club wont have the money salted away
    no more than i do when i pay my lads
    it comes in weekly etc
    as our wage bill does
    weekly from gate recipts etc yearly from sky

im sure we arent sitting on 100 mill

im sure we would get taxed on it if we just had it sitting there and told the tax man it was marked for wage payments

im sure ash would do forecasts or our accounts department would anyway

but as i say and people dont seem to grasp this
    any buisness whos workforce take over 74% of its income in wages alone will not survive and develop .what i would want to know is how much we are also paying towards pensions for tes eplayers etc

truth is we got rid of carr we aint making extra profits from player sales
    so we rely on tv income advertising and ticket and match day revenue

and thats all accounted for in players wages just about
    So saying our transfer budget includes the players 5 year wage contract is just a blatant lie

As for Carr how many of his players have made us a huge profit when sold on as opposed to all the flood he has brought in and we have lost money on

Not to mention all the under 23 players we’ve just moved on.

of course it isnt a lie
    we budget for it buisness call it forcasting

but we wont have it sitting in a bank account

im surethey have better systems than a basic spread sheet but they will factor hs wages over his contract length

loads of carrs players made a profit

and how many of the under 23s who have gone were carrs

and how or who is going to replace them

of course it isnt a lie
    we budget for it buisness call it forcasting

but we wont have it sitting in a bank account

im surethey have better systems than a basic spread sheet but they will factor hs wages over his contract length

loads of carrs players made a profit

and how many of the under 23s who have gone were carrs

and how or who is going to replace them
    Ok name me the loads of Carr players that have made us a profit

You keep harping on about the under 23’s if they weren’t good enough get rid of them. It’s not just Rafa who assesses these players he has got a full coaching staff. The majority of these unearthed gems were brought in by Carr

if your manager thought his workforce wasnt good enough would he get rid of you all at the same time
    nope he would replace you over time
    rafa has ahd sevral windows in which to do this

i would suggest in percentage wise
    most of rafas plars so far are duds and we stand no chance of making profits on them

he seems to be wanting to strip the decent players out mitro,mbemba,moerhino etc yet keep the deadwood

would you build a forward line aroungd mitro or joselwho

he isnt building a squad

if we only have 30 mill this window
    so be it spend it wisely

build on it
    dont seel your assetts who dont want to go and sell those that are no good or dont want to be here and add quality
    not quantity

i would be happy with 3 players in in this window and keep mitro mbemeba

sell joselwho merhino colbaeck and all the other deadwood and if we only have a squad of 20 so be it

keep armo and woody
    sell a couple of keepers

is armo any worse or better than jos

he is tearing the heart from the club and we are not in a position to do so

name one other club that has let 20 odd players from their under 23 go in one go with seamingly no replacements lined up

we come back for pre season next week

with 8 under 23 players

that will work

so even if the ones he got rid of couldnt step up

they would certainly put a shirt on if needed

to me a stupid decision in our position

if your manager thought his workforce wasnt good enough would he get rid of you all at the same time
    nope he would replace you over time
    rafa has ahd sevral windows in which to do this

i would suggest in percentage wise
    most of rafas plars so far are duds and we stand no chance of making profits on them

he seems to be wanting to strip the decent players out mitro,mbemba,moerhino etc yet keep the deadwood

would you build a forward line aroungd mitro or joselwho

he isnt building a squad

if we only have 30 mill this window
    so be it spend it wisely

build on it
    dont seel your assetts who dont want to go and sell those that are no good or dont want to be here and add quality
    not quantity

i would be happy with 3 players in in this window and keep mitro mbemeba

sell joselwho merhino colbaeck and all the other deadwood and if we only have a squad of 20 so be it

keep armo and woody
    sell a couple of keepers

is armo any worse or better than jos

he is tearing the heart from the club and we are not in a position to do so

name one other club that has let 20 odd players from their under 23 go in one go with seamingly no replacements lined up

we come back for pre season next week

with 8 under 23 players

that will work

so even if the ones he got rid of couldnt step up

they would certainly put a shirt on if needed

to me a stupid decision in our position
    Put a shirt on if needed so how are they going to do that if there not in the first team squad. The under 23’s have been terrible for years and this is all down to Carr’s recruitment

He was brought in to bring young players through the ranks and he has failed miserably. Rafa and his back room staff have looked at it and decided to get rid of the players they deem will never make it in the Premiership

I can’t see a problem with that and if we’re short of under 23’s it’s not the end of the world. Some of Carr’s under 18’s will have to step up if indeed any of them are good enough

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)