+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bielsa - Adjustments to language,connecting with Fans & living Up North ?

WTF11 - Post 20 .............. Some queries to the above (in bold italics)

*As he has elsewhere ?

Elsewhere maybe had opportunities true BUT no time allowed and false promises would appear to have been the problem he gave when Radz & Kinnear asked the same question to him resulting in his obvious protracted negotiations.
    Lille & Marseille appeared to breach contract was the gist of what he cannot say publically between the lines .......

*How, and to whos benefit ?

Success will benefit all (make my family happy football wise).Not too many owners actually make money investing in football but if they do then Good luck to 'em.I'm sure the city of Leeds could do with any extra revenue bigger crowds will bring in for starters ..........
    If your allegedly having a dig at O*** then I don't know the terms & conditions of his contract but after a year at Leeds he'll have learned a lot and we'll all see if he conjures up what success requires ......

*Key word, "Successful", and any assessment of possible success is based on a set of criteria, which no-one appears willing to provide.

Success is how the individual sees it - Rad has publically told what he required when he bought the club and publically told what he'd do if he failed.
    For me I'm always chasing targets so I'll require Leeds to do likewise ....... PL and shoot for the stars ..... why not !

*I wish that was our problem

....... many talented youngsters have left us which has been a problem but not all then blossomed so if they had stayed with us maybe they'd have failed likewise - who knows.
    Never really sure if all these kids know what 'failure' is - for me sat on a bench week in would be personal failure but I'm not a sports team player,never was,I like the individual challenges so hey ho maybe I'm not the best person to comment on that scenario.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    WTF11 - Post 20 .............. Some queries to the above (in bold italics)

*As he has elsewhere ?

Elsewhere maybe had opportunities true BUT no time allowed and false promises would appear to have been the problem he gave when Radz & Kinnear asked the same question to him resulting in his obvious protracted negotiations.
    Lille & Marseille appeared to breach contract was the gist of what he cannot say publically between the lines .......

*How, and to whos benefit ?

Success will benefit all (make my family happy football wise).Not too many owners actually make money investing in football but if they do then Good luck to 'em.I'm sure the city of Leeds could do with any extra revenue bigger crowds will bring in for starters ..........
    If your allegedly having a dig at O*** then I don't know the terms & conditions of his contract but after a year at Leeds he'll have learned a lot and we'll all see if he conjures up what success requires ......

*Key word, "Successful", and any assessment of possible success is based on a set of criteria, which no-one appears willing to provide.

Success is how the individual sees it - Rad has publically told what he required when he bought the club and publically told what he'd do if he failed.
    For me I'm always chasing targets so I'll require Leeds to do likewise ....... PL and shoot for the stars ..... why not !

*I wish that was our problem

....... many talented youngsters have left us which has been a problem but not all then blossomed so if they had stayed with us maybe they'd have failed likewise - who knows.
    Never really sure if all these kids know what 'failure' is - for me sat on a bench week in would be personal failure but I'm not a sports team player,never was,I like the individual challenges so hey ho maybe I'm not the best person to comment on that scenario.

MOT
    So he hasn't "laid down a foundation" anywhere, because he has never stayed anywhere long enough to do so. Why should we believe Leeds will be any different, given the unique challenges of Championship football he will face here (Which he hasn't elsewhere).

Of course success will benefit all, that wasn't my question (or as I understood it, your point). It seemed you were suggesting we already had accrued benefit commercially by simply signing him up, which I was querying.

And success can only be judged historically, and my any measure Bielsa has NOT been successful never having won any major trophy, and for the majority of his club managerial career being either in conflict with club management, players or both and in international management doing much the same, adding some political posturing whilst coach of Chile. Very re-assuring.

Agree with you on some young players leaving and not progressing, but others have, and have. Would that we were a club with success on the pitch, and a crop of young players about to reap the benefits by joining a PL-capable 1st team Leeds squad and therefore less likely to jump ship to another club to achieve the same objective.

So do you think its not going to work out WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    So do you think its not going to work out WTF?
    I suspect not, but when have I been proved right?

I think WTF in the end it's about the difference between hope/positivity and expecting to fail. As I said previously (agreed with you?) yes there are many reasons why this is risky, but I think a club in our position has no option but to 'try stuff' and take some risks, because we simply do not have the financial strength to buy guaranteed success. For me this is high risk, but I prefer to hope it'll be high reward, rather than expect a disaster. Compared to where we have been at the start of the last few seasons - Hockaday (ridiculous/hopeless), Rosler (not much track record - all at 'small' clubs), Monk (came to us with a tattered reputation), TC (completely unknown), this is a massive difference in terms of profile/reputation, and that's why some of us are preferring to look forward with renewed hope. Of course it could be a disastrous gamble, but at least until we see where summer player ins/outs is taking us, and assuming that that transfer business isn't calamitous, I'm not going to descend into doom and gloom from the outset.

Wouldn't it be nice to have one post just for once that focuses on the topic posted and doesn't degenerate into a WTF or Marley vs everyone else, it's getting really very tedious now and we're all to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I suspect not, but when have I been proved right?
    Hang on a minute WTF - how come you're allowed to use conditional verbs and I'm not? 'Suspect'? Surely it should be 'won't' 'doesn't' and 'can't'.

We can't have two sets of English language rules - one for you and one for everyone else.

There you go - I made a statement which was definite.

To just go back to your original point though.....how can anyone make any definite points about anything that hasn't happened yet? Of course all my points were conditional - that's because there are conditions attached which may or may not happen. Speaking in absolutes about things that may or may not happen is the stuff of soothsayers, fortune tellers and prophets - and whilst I respect you much for your passion, and always will, you big goof, I'm not about to start seeing you as a prophet

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Hang on a minute WTF - how come you're allowed to use conditional verbs and I'm not? 'Suspect'? Surely it should be 'won't' 'doesn't' and 'can't'.

We can't have two sets of English language rules - one for you and one for everyone else.

There you go - I made a statement which was definite.

To just go back to your original point though.....how can anyone make any definite points about anything that hasn't happened yet? Of course all my points were conditional - that's because there are conditions attached which may or may not happen. Speaking in absolutes about things that may or may not happen is the stuff of soothsayers, fortune tellers and prophets - and whilst I respect you much for your passion, and always will, you big goof, I'm not about to start seeing you as a prophet
    Touchy aren't you Jez? The "conditionality" of your statement was referred to only in the context of all the "what ifs" about our new coach, not about whether you use such statements or not.

I'm not making concrete statements either, simply assessing risk (part of my professional life), and providing some options based on that. And just to make you even happier, as i dont believe im either soothsayer or fortune teller (careful about "prophets"!) I don't think it will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    I think WTF in the end it's about the difference between hope/positivity and expecting to fail. As I said previously (agreed with you?) yes there are many reasons why this is risky, but I think a club in our position has no option but to 'try stuff' and take some risks, because we simply do not have the financial strength to buy guaranteed success. For me this is high risk, but I prefer to hope it'll be high reward, rather than expect a disaster. Compared to where we have been at the start of the last few seasons - Hockaday (ridiculous/hopeless), Rosler (not much track record - all at 'small' clubs), Monk (came to us with a tattered reputation), TC (completely unknown), this is a massive difference in terms of profile/reputation, and that's why some of us are preferring to look forward with renewed hope. Of course it could be a disastrous gamble, but at least until we see where summer player ins/outs is taking us, and assuming that that transfer business isn't calamitous, I'm not going to descend into doom and gloom from the outset.
    Again, the "doom and gloom" label.

It not either, just an objective view and an assessment of the guys credentials as Leeds coch/manager compared to the criteria I think should have been applied. None were, which I think is a mistake.

We will see who has the better judgement (based on last season, that's me!).

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Again, the "doom and gloom" label.

It not either, just an objective view and an assessment of the guys credentials as Leeds coch/manager compared to the criteria I think should have been applied. None were, which I think is a mistake.

We will see who has the better judgement (based on last season, that's me!).
    It would be an objective view if EVERYTHING you posted wasn't so utterly negative.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)