+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bielsa - Adjustments to language,connecting with Fans & living Up North ?

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    It would be an objective view if EVERYTHING you posted wasn't so utterly negative.
    Its not, you just choose to view it that way, maybe more your problem than mine?

erm I was joking WTF lol

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Touchy aren't you Jez? The "conditionality" of your statement was referred to only in the context of all the "what ifs" about our new coach, not about whether you use such statements or not.

I'm not making concrete statements either, simply assessing risk (part of my professional life), and providing some options based on that. And just to make you even happier, as i dont believe im either soothsayer or fortune teller (careful about "prophets"!) I don't think it will work out.

Is not, you just choose to view it that way, maybe more your problem than mine?
    Objective means you don't see something from a personal point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice to have one post just for once that focuses on the topic posted and doesn't degenerate into a WTF or Marley vs everyone else, it's getting really very tedious now and we're all to blame.
    Most threads seem to morph into something different now anyway. You generally have to look back to see what the original post was about. Could be an 'age' thing with thoughts wandering a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    erm I was joking WTF lol
    I know

Tell you what HO, read Joel's hilarious post below and see who is calling who. F00king MOT? Don't make me laugh.
    yeah but you have a pop at most of us you had a pop at me and Clive over nothing ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Objective means you don't see something from a personal point of view
    Precisely, its nothing personal. I don't dislike Bielsa, I don't know him well enough to do so, I just don't think he has the credentials to do the Leeds job

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    yeah but you have a pop at most of us you had a pop at me and Clive over nothing ...
    HO, you're broadly speaking respectful, Joel isn't.

HO, you're broadly speaking respectful, Joel isn't.
    I can't believe you called Hopelessly Optimistic a Ho! How rude and mean tut tut you should know better what with your global network of friends. I frankly find it amazing you find time to grace an Internet forum tbh

Again, the "doom and gloom" label.

It not either, just an objective view and an assessment of the guys credentials as Leeds coch/manager compared to the criteria I think should have been applied. None were, which I think is a mistake.

We will see who has the better judgement (based on last season, that's me!).
    As a matter of genuine interest and getting back to original thread topic your stating ..... " compared to criteria I think should have been applied ........... "

Are you suggesting that Leeds an English club should not appoint a non English speaker to be in charge as part of your criteria as it would appear to me that the Spanish connection at the club including Carlos Corberán U23 Coach (a good young coach) could be a modern example of the once successful 'boot room' appointments that were once prevalent at many clubs.Corberán hopefully will benefit from having Bielsa as a mentor as will our talented U23 squad thus setting in place the foundation and philosophy of technically attractive successful football that the better teams play today.

The game today involves many languages including time spent on 'sorce codes' analysis which my husband calls obfuscation which is the deliberate act of creating source or machine code that is difficult for humans to understand but when presented in statistics format can make intriguing reading and that is what Orta uses daily if truth be known as part of his criteria .............
    Criteria is an interesting word but has many facets too and I'd love to know what was your ideal criteria for choice of Leeds Coach.

MOT

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)