+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bielsa - Adjustments to language,connecting with Fans & living Up North ?

Bielsa - Adjustments to language,connecting with Fans & living Up North ?

Language is seen as a barrier by some and to a degree it will be unless he recruits coaches to breach that issue for sure.
    English is incredibly easy to pick up whilst on the job rather than in a classroom,so it'll be interesting to see how his confidence grows giving weekly media pressers.
    Think in all honesty he'll find ER slightly down tempo crowd wise in noise & connection to what he's been used to.Heading into Marseille from the north on A5 or the N8 is an experience on match days as they hang dummies from ropes off the flyovers to taunt visiting fans,graffiti covered walls with guns & knives prominent everywhere in artwork and visiting the cities cathedral on a Sunday before the match there are some real 'gangster characters' in their praying for a result.
    As for adjusting to actually living in/around Leeds I really hope his family adjust so he can focus on the players.........
    It would appear Guardiola adjusted to northern life whilst Mourinho has not - which the PL table shows,IMO.

Personally, I do hope he comes across as more of a guiding,no nonsense father figure rather than the attributes that have been foisted upon us of late with Coaches coming across as 'big bruvva' types.

Finally, he'll need time to impose his methods and for most on 'ere we want to see committed players from the off as minimum including me - so can Bielsa fix us ?
    Hopefully he can.

MOT

We can wait hope and see :-)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post

Language is seen as a barrier by some and to a degree it will be unless he recruits coaches to breach that issue for sure.
    English is incredibly easy to pick up whilst on the job rather than in a classroom,so it'll be interesting to see how his confidence grows giving weekly media pressers.
    Think in all honesty he'll find ER slightly down tempo crowd wise in noise & connection to what he's been used to.Heading into Marseille from the north on A5 or the N8 is an experience on match days as they hang dummies from ropes off the flyovers to taunt visiting fans,graffiti covered walls with guns & knives prominent everywhere in artwork and visiting the cities cathedral on a Sunday before the match there are some real 'gangster characters' in their praying for a result.
    As for adjusting to actually living in/around Leeds I really hope his family adjust so he can focus on the players.........
    It would appear Guardiola adjusted to northern life whilst Mourinho has not - which the PL table shows,IMO.

Personally, I do hope he comes across as more of a guiding,no nonsense father figure rather than the attributes that have been foisted upon us of late with Coaches coming across as 'big bruvva' types.

Finally, he'll need time to impose his methods and for most on 'ere we want to see committed players from the off as minimum including me - so can Bielsa fix us ?
    Hopefully he can.

MOT
    "English is incredibly easy to pick up, blah blah blah". Utter tosh.

I have many friends from countries as diverse as the Netherlands (the Dutch are superb linguists), Cuba (friends in the classic Harley owners community), and the Far East (where the influence of Chinas education policy has hugely benefited English use). None would agree that English is easy to "pick up", and most certainly not by someone who for their entire 60-odd years has spoken only a single language.

Jeeeeez - why don't you just give it a rest

any positive comments on here are soon snuffed out by you you misserable fecker!

Innadditoon it appears he is employing backroom staff including a translator who hasn't worked in any English-speaking footballing context. He could be the world's most gifted linguist but without context he will struggle as much as the coaches that Bielsa is bringing in (and as Bielsa himself will struggle), and on top of that are all the domestic issues you refer to.

Again I ask (and no one has ventured any kind of considered answer), why this man?

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post

any positive comments on here are soon snuffed out by you you misserable fecker!
    Errrrr......we have a blizzard of.delusional nonsense from just about every one, and I venture an alternative view.

Even Mrs Os post acknowledges that ther are.linguistic AND personal/domestic problems that employing this guy and his entourage bring to Leeds, and I don't see why. What has the club to gain from taking huge.risks at the outset of what is probably one if the mist significant seasons.for many a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post

You should know by now Tich that on this forum some think any new coach has failed before he has even took a training session

What has the club to gain from taking huge.risks at the outset of what is probably one if the mist significant seasons.for many a year?[/QUOTE]

Well a few things perhaps:

1) players might be attracted to someone with his reputation and decide to play for him instead of another club which is offering better financial terms

2) he has contacts with top managers in English football and therefore may be able to get to the front of the queue to loan the quality of player we need, but can't afford to buy

3) he may, just may, have negotiated a decent 'war chest', and control over the quality of the players brought in - that lengthy negotiating period must have involved some demands of that kind - or why else come? He could have gone to other clubs on his reputation (not suggesting it's perfect, but he has a decent one, there's no doubt) so he let's hope he's worked out a way to make this move work for him, and us.

4) if he's done that, or anything close to that, he will have sidelined Orta's influence - something you and I have long wanted to see happen. I can't see Bielsa allowing signings like Grot or Wiedwald to play - he will want final say on incoming players, and will hopefully want to very quickly get rid of Orta's guff from last season

5) he may just be a decent coach, like a lot of people say, and be able to do the job well.

It might all go wrong, but if even 3 or 4 of the above are right, then we will have a fighting chance of doing better than mid-table, with the season ending in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    What has the club to gain from taking huge.risks at the outset of what is probably one if the mist significant seasons.for many a year?
    Well a few things perhaps:

1) players might be attracted to someone with his reputation and decide to play for him instead of another club which is offering better financial terms

2) he has contacts with top managers in English football and therefore may be able to get to the front of the queue to loan the quality of player we need, but can't afford to buy

3) he may, just may, have negotiated a decent 'war chest', and control over the quality of the players brought in - that lengthy negotiating period must have involved some demands of that kind - or why else come? He could have gone to other clubs on his reputation (not suggesting it's perfect, but he has a decent one, there's no doubt) so he let's hope he's worked out a way to make this move work for him, and us.

4) if he's done that, or anything close to that, he will have sidelined Orta's influence - something you and I have long wanted to see happen. I can't see Bielsa allowing signings like Grot or Wiedwald to play - he will want final say on incoming players, and will hopefully want to very quickly get rid of Orta's guff from last season

5) he may just be a decent coach, like a lot of people say, and be able to do the job well.

It might all go wrong, but if even 3 or 4 of the above are right, then we will have a fighting chance of doing better than mid-table, with the season ending in March.[/QUOTE]

You've been taking the same happy pills Clive and HO are on

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Errrrr......we have a blizzard of.delusional nonsense from just about every one, and I venture an alternative view.

Even Mrs Os post acknowledges that ther are.linguistic AND personal/domestic problems that employing this guy and his entourage bring to Leeds, and I don't see why. What has the club to gain from taking huge.risks at the outset of what is probably one if the mist significant seasons.for many a year?
    it is not always just an alternative view that would be fine but denigrating any poster who dares to have a positive view - such as your use of the words delusionional (sic) nonsense above.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)