+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Merkels Lot v Tarkers Lot

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Come on Mec-e-co.

ps. What the fcuk is Joachim Low wearing !!
    At least he managed to keep his hands off the twig and berries this time.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Take that yer Krauts.....loved it.....first time Mexico have beaten Germany in the World Cup?......backed them at 100-1 to win the tournament and a sneaky bet on to win today......yum yum

Midday here......time to get smashed on the profits......the pool is warm and the beers chilled and the "naughty nurse" is naked
    I suppose you have to take instructions these days , nobody likes a snake in the grass even if they are hiding in plain sight.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Take that yer Krauts.....loved it.....first time Mexico have beaten Germany in the World Cup?......backed them at 100-1 to win the tournament and a sneaky bet on to win today......yum yum

Midday here......time to get smashed on the profits......the pool is warm and the beers chilled and the "naughty nurse" is naked
    nice on TB , what does he look like and has he got his thermometer ready to go ...!!!? x

Quote Originally Posted by rorylee View Post
    I'm coming to stay at yours on holiday! It sounds like my kinda place!

Have you got a shed?? I promise not to piss in it!
    16 bedrooms and no sheds.....sorry Rory.....I guess you'll just have to piss in the pool like everyone else....PARTY TIME!!!!

Great atmosphere watching the game in the bar here in Mexico. There's a small garden nearby and suddenly 4 gardeners appeared at kick off time and spent a couple of hours leaning on spades watching the match!

Don't get to carried away I can't see the Germans playing as badly next match.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    The German's have forgotten how to defend. Leading up to the tournament they lost Austria and the managed to let one in from Saudi Arabia. Kimmich forgets he's a right back, put a decent left winger on and there's your goals.

The Mexican 22 was left alone so many times that Boetang and Hummels were split having to deal with the lone winger. Had their 22 been a bit more clinical, Mexico would have been out of sight by half time

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I think the reason that Mexico were 100-1, despite being 15th..ish in the World Rankings were (a) they were in Germany's group and (b) even if they qualified from that group, presumably 2nd, they would meet Brazil in the next round....now those odds have been turned on it's head......Brazil v Germany next round anyone?......it helps England's chances as well btw.

ps early days I know to be speculating but it's fun anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    The German's have forgotten how to defend. Leading up to the tournament they lost Austria and the managed to let one in from Saudi Arabia. Kimmich forgets he's a right back, put a decent left winger on and there's your goals.

The Mexican 22 was left alone so many times that Boetang and Hummels were split having to deal with the lone winger. Had their 22 been a bit more clinical, Mexico would have been out of sight by half time
    I agree. Mexico caught Germany out so many times. The German left back and right back were nowhere to be seen so many times. It was only the Mexicans failure to get the ball on target and test the keeper that prevented them scoring more goals.

Germany can count themselves lucky they only lost by one goal, because against a more clinical side they would have been comprehensively beaten compared to what the result looks like on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I agree. Mexico caught Germany out so many times. The German left back and right back were nowhere to be seen so many times. It was only the Mexicans failure to get the ball on target and test the keeper that prevented them scoring more goals.

Germany can count themselves lucky they only lost by one goal, because against a more clinical side they would have been comprehensively beaten compared to what the result looks like on paper.
    .....also, did anyone notice how many times Mexico left 3 attackers up on the half-way line even when Germany had free kicks around the Mexican goal?

Clever tactic, not for the faint-hearted but it worked a treat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast