+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stendel

Totally agree, didn't like the appointment of Southgate but he appears to have the confidence flowing through the squad.
    Lets be honest we are going into this tournament with a fully fit, balanced squad who have grown together over the last few years.
    We haven't really had that since Euro 2000 and when you look at it there are goals all over the place in this team and there are 2 or 3 different formations he can employ dependant on the opposition.
    I think again based on no logic that we could do quite well given that Mexico and the Swiss are the best teams i've seen so far!
    We need to turn in a solid mature performance against Tunisia to start the ball rolling with confidence? you watch we will get beat 4-0 and all this optimism will turn to crap.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Got a good feeling about this tournament for England since it started last thursday .

Based on absolutely no logic what so ever , just think Southgate seems to have created a good camp and from what I've seen thus far everyone is beatable in a one off game .
    I like us going forward but for me theres a questionmark on the lack character in this young team, the absence of a leader and genuine class player in midfield to rally the troops if we're up against it. Stoansy worries me in defence should we reach the latter stages cos he has an annoying tendency to make sloppy mistakes.

Can we win It? Of course we can cos we're in it.
    Is it likely? Probably not unless we have some overdue luck or sooart art the penalty hoodoo.

Way I look at it is that we are a young and promising team who want to play football. Southgate has been there as an England player in the big tournaments and seems very level headed to me, i like his calm style and I like him. The team should be looking to at least reach the knockout stages then take it from there and build on the experience. I think our movement up top will cause teams problems. We have genuine pace and movement. It's be nice if we actually went to a tournament and laiked properly without fear. A young team like we've got could manage that I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Tykeschat select XI 2-1 Saudi Arabia
    Can you please remind me which position I played in this match? I am at that age when my memory goes wrong.Also did I score,hit the post or was I left back (In the dressing room) to make the tea?

Quote Originally Posted by Fileytyke View Post
    Can you please remind me which position I played in this match? I am at that age when my memory goes wrong.Also did I score,hit the post or was I left back (In the dressing room) to make the tea?
    Striker Mr Filey, you scored a brace if I'm not mistaken and in the aftermath we all carried you from the field on our shoulders in jubilant mood

Tykeschat select XI 2-1 Saudi Arabia
    As a kaggy hander and kaggy footer... I usually got stuck in the LB position at school, I rarely ventured beyond halfway.
    So who on this board is going to be our big 'Keiffer Moore' type number 9, doesn't take any sh*ite and gets right in their faces!!. Animal, its got to be you hasn't it ?.

I was a striker but made mistake of volunteering for nets. Ended up being a substitute goalkeeper or right winger. 2 goals from bench was all i could muster. Conceded 5 goals in a 5-3 friendly defeat then 6 goals in a 6-2 friendly defeat then 8 goals in a 8-2 league defeat (first game of season) before they realised I wasn't a goalkeeper. I was subsequently dropped as a goalkeeper but the stigma of failure had stuck and I found myself becoming a bench warmer. My enthusiasm wained and I became I'll be in club n' bench if your short. In this time a gained weight and haven't kicked a ball since. Their loss. Shame really because I was half decent up front and out wide in training but my face didn't fit.

Striker Mr Filey, you scored a brace if I'm not mistaken and in the aftermath we all carried you from the field on our shoulders in jubilant mood
    Harry Kane has tried to claim them though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12