+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotherham place a 1 million bid

No way we will pay owt like 1 million for him and if we do have that sort of money to spend it needs to go on defenders. Besides we have 2 forwards like him already so pointless really. Not against having him back per se for a couple of hundred thou but 1 million, no.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Didn't Ipswich pay £14,000 for him?

Not worth a million IMO, not proved himself in the Championship, yet anyway.
    A million quid is nothing today in the championship fire .

Back in the day you'd pay £150k for Kieffer and not a penny more .

Crackers mate .

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    For me Barnsley took the risk last season in buying him

half a year in championship training

If we buy him cheers for training him Barnsley
    We may have led the horse to the water fire but you can't always make it drink mate .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Nice bit of business for us if we can get a million quid for the lad .

Not sure whether he wants away or the fact that the new German coach doesn't see him fitting into the system .

We are told that all money received for players leaving this summer will be totally reinvested back in to the squad which will make a nice change .
    none of us know what keiffer wants, let alone what stuff his agent is spouting in his ear, but keiffer was at our play off matches so he obviously has an affinity for the club and its staff. All that said, I dont think hes worth anywhere near a million quid but clubs will know theres the TV and solidarity money burning a hole in TS's wallet.

Assuming hes was on £10k p.w at barnsley (deduced from Peterborough chairmans comments), and that he had a 20% relegation clause. Hes probably on circa £8k p.w. now. Theres two interesting aspects to that:

1) barnsley will struggle to pay those wages in league 1 under FFP. And before anybody spouts up, dont confuse owners wealth with the wealth of the club. Unless the owner puts money in (loans, as equity or gifted) they are two separate things. Under old Boothy RUFC used to have one of the wealthiest owners outside the top division and yet the club was run like a carboot sale.

2) At £8k p.w. that would put moore right at the very top end of our wage structure. We know we've entered such realms previously with laughingstocks £10k p.w. piss take, so it's not totally off limits. But, assuming we'd also stick a relegation clause into a new contract moore could be looking at £6.5k p.w wages this time next year.

My prediction is that moore is desperate to join the Millers but that reality (and his agent) bites and he ends up signing for a rival championship club who are prepared to stick him back onto £10k p.w and confident enough not to insert a relegation clause. Preston (as previously mooted)? Wigan (they seem to have the same software package as us)?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Didn't Ipswich pay £14,000 for him?

Not worth a million IMO, not proved himself in the Championship, yet anyway.
    I respect your opinion and yes, he has not totally proved himself in the Championship. However, I want to see the Millers stay up this season and I think signing Keifer will improve the squad. Two or Three more signings to make the squad stronger will give us a better chance of staying up.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    A million quid is nothing today in the championship fire .
    Back in the day you'd pay £150k for Kieffer and not a penny more .
    Crackers mate .
    That's very true, you won't get a recognised 20 goals a season striker for £1M in the Championship, only one with prospects of scoring 20. It's called potential. Fee Barnsley paid first came through as undisclosed, what was the original fee Animal ?
    I've been told he has a release clause in his contract yet to be confirmed.

@ welovebooth he didn't score 17 in League 1.
    13 in League 1 and 4 in the Championship from 20 games.

Thanks for keeping him fit Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    none of us know what keiffer wants, let alone what stuff his agent is spouting in his ear, but keiffer was at our play off matches so he obviously has an affinity for the club and its staff. All that said, I dont think hes worth anywhere near a million quid but clubs will know theres the TV and solidarity money burning a hole in TS's wallet.

Assuming hes was on £10k p.w at barnsley (deduced from Peterborough chairmans comments), and that he had a 20% relegation clause. Hes probably on circa £8k p.w. now. Theres two interesting aspects to that:

1) barnsley will struggle to pay those wages in league 1 under FFP. And before anybody spouts up, dont confuse owners wealth with the wealth of the club. Unless the owner puts money in (loans, as equity or gifted) they are two separate things. Under old Boothy RUFC used to have one of the wealthiest owners outside the top division and yet the club was run like a carboot sale.

2) At £8k p.w. that would put moore right at the very top end of our wage structure. We know we've entered such realms previously with laughingstocks £10k p.w. piss take, so it's not totally off limits. But, assuming we'd also stick a relegation clause into a new contract moore could be looking at £6.5k p.w wages this time next year.

My prediction is that moore is desperate to join the Millers but that reality (and his agent) bites and he ends up signing for a rival championship club who are prepared to stick him back onto £10k p.w and confident enough not to insert a relegation clause. Preston (as previously mooted)? Wigan (they seem to have the same software package as us)?
    Good post and I totally agree with everything you say .

I think it's worth pointing out that Moore signed for Hecky in January , Hecky was very good at selling the club to potential signings .

Once he departed and only a week after Moore signed he may have felt a little let down , if he stays this would be the 3rd coach he'd played under in 5 months , throw in the relegation and your promotion and it's not hard to figure out why he may want away from BFC .

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    That's very true, you won't get a recognised 20 goals a season striker for £1M in the Championship, only one with prospects of scoring 20. It's called potential. Fee Barnsley paid first came through as undisclosed, what was the original fee Animal ?
    I've been told he has a release clause in his contract yet to be confirmed.

@ welovebooth he didn't score 17 in League 1.
    13 in League 1 and 4 in the Championship from 20 games.

Thanks for keeping him fit Barnsley
    £700k I believe mate .

Didn't you say a while back he won't be anywhere near 10k per week as it's way above the Barnsley pay structure?
    I would have thought 6-7k per week would be closer to what he was getting..

it's been reported in the press Marcus maddison has a 2.5 million release clause and posh are willing to sell.

who would you rather have maddison for 2.5 or Moore for 1 million.

I think both are highly inflated.

but like someone saids he scored 15-20 in championship and if we get relegated 25-30 in league 1 season after what would be be worth.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast