+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotherham place a 1 million bid

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Didn't you say a while back he won't be anywhere near 10k per week as it's way above the Barnsley pay structure?
    I would have thought 6-7k per week would be closer to what he was getting..
    I think £10k a week is possibly a little too high with regards to what we would normally pay cayton .

That said he was signed under the new ownership in the January window when we were desperate to bring a striker in and struggling for survival .

It's possible if you factor In the situation , he most certainly wouldn't have got £10k a week under Patrick Cryne .

I’m not sure why we would want smith Moore and Proctor all similar type of players.
    I think some pace at the back is more of a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    I’m not sure why we would want smith Moore and Proctor all similar type of players.
    I think some pace at the back is more of a priority.
    But it wont be one or the other pocket. The moore link has leaked out from Barnsley sources not RUFC so rest assured they'll be talking to defenders too.

As an aside, if moore is genuinely being valued at £1m then whats smith worth. Not to mention, before his injury, proctor looked the best of the lot! I sincerely hope the injury hasnt ruined proctors career because he really looked the part.

Yeah your probably correct.
    I guess it all comes down to budget though and I would imagine Moore would be a top earner for us.
    I’m not against him coming back just wondering if the budget could be spent in more needed areas imo.

If he comes back though he will get my full support.

Don't forget that when Proctor and Moore were in partnership up front we won quite a few matches by 5 goals. Unstoppable until Proctor got injured. Clearly they suited each other and I'm sure PW wants to reignite that combination in the C'ship
    Besides which a proven 15 goal C'ship striker would cost considerably more than £1m and £5-10k a week. We can't afford one of those.

And the thing about the proctor/moore partnership flour was that, despite their respective sizes, it was proctor who was the target man with moore just off him. They did look good didn't they.

We need to spend in defence first, how many did we concede last time in champs?

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    it's been reported in the press Marcus maddison has a 2.5 million release clause and posh are willing to sell.
    who would you rather have maddison for 2.5 or Moore for 1 million.
    I think both are highly inflated.
    but like someone saids he scored 15-20 in championship and if we get relegated 25-30 in league 1 season after what would be be worth.
    Marcus Maddison is a really good player.
    Steve Evans called him a genius and also told him to work harder.

The club will more than likely go for Moore although
    2 other Championships clubs are after him.
    Maddison could well be gone this week or next week.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 17-06-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    We need to spend in defence first, how many did we concede last time in champs?
    Have a look at the last 8 seasons goals against column...not good.
    They will be looking at defence, plenty of time yet.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast