+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotherham place a 1 million bid

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Why would you sell a proven league 1 goalscorer, whether he fits in with your "style" or not.
    He had a good spell with your team in Lg One, but it doesn't exactly mean hes proven in Lg One, does it ?.
    I agree though, why should we sell him if we've got our own expectations for the season ahead, and Im hoping he can prove to be a handfull for opposing defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Ever thought becoming a stand up comedian Ladon ????

:-) :-) :-) :-)
    You would take 1.5 for him Animal and you know it ;-)

Already been there and seen it and done it and bought the t-shirt as well kid.. I suggested the £1.5 mill fee earlier in this thread!.
    He/Moore isn't worth it, but Id snap somebodys hands off if they wanted to spend that much on him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    If we can get a good CH (which we are still short of) a Left Back a Right back and a good attacking midfielder I think we have a shot at staying up but we need to be spending at least 5 million on a mix of young hungry players.

I would deffo be in for Liam Lindsay from Barnsley and think we could get him for 1.5 million or maybe a little less. I think we are ok for strikers but I wouldn't say no to at least 1 addition but it wouldn't be Moore.
    are you been serious thinking rotherham will spend 5 million or just pipe dreaming

Big lad i praised you earlier on for talking a lot of sense about team matters last season but now you are talking money you have let ya sendown a bit. There is no way we are gonna shell out 5m on players and arguably will not shell out .5Mon anyplayer and ifwedid it would only be on one. And to be quite frank that is the bestway.

Moore isn’t worth £1 million - and that’s the naked truth

They will do VERY VERY well to get their money back,he is certainly not good enough for the championship,besides we've got Smithy,who is much better and could well be an handful this season.What we need is a sharp quick lad to play alongside him.Barnsley would be better keeping Moore,unless the manager has been told to get him off the pay roll.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Big lad i praised you earlier on for talking a lot of sense about team matters last season but now you are talking money you have let ya sendown a bit. There is no way we are gonna shell out 5m on players and arguably will not shell out .5Mon anyplayer and ifwedid it would only be on one. And to be quite frank that is the bestway.
    Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    are you been serious thinking rotherham will spend 5 million or just pipe dreaming
    I was answering the question about us staying up next season so I was saying this is what we need to do. whether or not we do it is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Wish I knew how to get my old posts.
    Well done son.

Can we go older posts and read your Ben Pringle love ins.

Premiership standard player etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    They will do VERY VERY well to get their money back,he is certainly not good enough for the championship,besides we've got Smithy,who is much better and could well be an handful this season.What we need is a sharp quick lad to play alongside him.Barnsley would be better keeping Moore,unless the manager has been told to get him off the pay roll.

And people need to realise that the £750k fee was the headline figure, I.e. dependent upon appearances, payment to Forest Green, etc, etc. BFC didnt pay anything like that up front. Transfer fees are structured like games of jenga these days. Whoever buys moore will be engaged as much with Ipswich as they will with Barnsley.

I think everybody, including BFC, knows moore isnt a million pound player. The may throw such figures about, but BFC wont be receiving a million quid into their bank account.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast