+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Rotherham place a 1 million bid

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Do we have 2 Adam Le Fondre’s playing pro football in this country??

Your figures are way off according to the 3 sites I’ve checked.

Add to that he’s not exclusively played championship football since he left Reading and I’d say you need to keep taking the medication.

More like a 1 in 5 ratio the last few years and it’s probably around 5 years ago I told you what his level is. Probably underchieved by my expectations since then.

Free, free, loan, loan.

Top managers don’t do thst to top class players.

Redo your sums. If I’m wrong I’ll hold up my hands.

61 goals since Reading. I don’t think so.
    Actually your right its only 40 but even so when he is in the starting 11 he still scoring well.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/pl...layer_id=38355

Not arguing with you anymore as its pointless.
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 19-06-2018 at 08:55 PM.

It is pointless.

Your statements simply do not add up.

Your link doesn’t even give the number at 40. I got to 28.

That site says 7 goals in 38 appearances last season. Not in even in the team half the time.

You even state ‘when he’s in the starting 11’

I told you how good he and Pringle were a good few years ago. Did OK for us but nowhere near the quality you thought they were.

Both careers since don’t lie.

To even get to the professional ranks is a massive achievement for any player but stop kidding yourself you have some magic eye.

Forget it mate because you will never ever learn.

The Premiership is full of 15 and 20 million pound players that ended up being rubbish.

Wilfried Bony and Andre Ayew for Swansea to name just a couple of the top of my head.

The fact is that nobody took a chance on Alfie so you or I will never know how well he would have done in the Premiership. All we do know is that when he was in the Premiership he did the business unlike tons of other players who were supposedly the bees knees.

You think what you want to think mate but for me a lot of Premiership clubs missed out not signing Alfie and I will always believe he would have done better than a lot of so called top strikers.

I’ve laid it out bare for you and I’m the one who never learns??

Have a word wi thisen.

If anyone is interested in Alf stats whilst at

Premiership
    P 37. G 14. Goal every 2.64

Championship
    P 167. G 44. Goal every 3.79

LG 1
    P 41. G 14. Goal every 2.92

LG 2
    P 290. G 120. Goal every 2.41

Wilfred bony
    Premiership
    P 134. G 47 goal every 2.85

Ayew
    P 97. G 24. 4.04

A few goals and a decent ratio does not make you a premiership class player.

He must be as good as Jermain Defoe for example.

Win ratio’s. Longevity. Transfer fees. Style of play.

Alfie did pretty well goals wise over 5 years ago in a team that won 4 games all season he scored in.

He was a bit better than decent in front of goal.

His record since suggests he’s not a premiership standard footballer/goalscorer. If he was in these days of high transfer fees, someone would have taken a punt for free.

Take the rose tinted specs off and accept it for what it is.

I’m not even knocking the lad. He’s had a good career.

Just not the level of player some think he is. We’ll not even look at super Pringle.

My sides would split.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post

Just not the level of player some think he is. We’ll not even look at super Pringle.

My sides would split.
    More than likely be why Derby County let Pringle go in the first place.

Both decent players Alfs better days were with us and Reading, Pringle has moved on to several clubs since he left us, enjoyed watching both player's whilst they were with us although I wouldn't have either back.

you have picked a bad example with Jermain Defoe mate. He went to Canada because no Premier league club sowed any interest in him (a proven goal scorer at the top level) Spurs paid £9,000,000 for him back in the day (before he was a proven goal scorer at the top level) - Toronto paid £5,000,000 - Sunderland paid £2,000,000 and a player swap (player worth £1,000,000 at the most) Bournmouth got him on FREE! ----- Money paid out in transfer fees for a proven top goal scorer at club level and goal scorer at international level = Just £8,000,000

It goes to show that clubs get things wrong now and again.

You are clutching at straws.

Top players dictate what goes in a contract. Bournemouth got him on a FREE??

Are you sure? I read it put pen to paper on a 3 year contract worth 20 million quid.

No premiership teams wanted him when he left Tottenham? I thought he was pretty gutted to be leaving Tottenham and got offered silly money to join Toronto.

I think a good few premier teams would have signed him but simply got priced out and he wanted to try something new.

Didn’t work out so he joined Sunderland and made sure he had a relegation release clause in his contract.

Even then I’d suggest 10 premiership managers would have paid £3 million and given him a 2 year contract on £65k a week.

That’s half the cost Bournemouth offered on a 3 year £20m deal that takes him to 37yo.

So since signing for Toronto and taking Defoe through to 2020 the cost of bringing Defoe to ‘your’ club is £8m in fees and approx £30m in wages.

FFS howdy I thought you said that clubs would pay the price for a proven striker. OH well I guess that was just another load of bullshine from outa your head mate.

Liverpool payed £35,000,000 for Andy Carroll plus wages in 2011. West ham payed Liverpool £15.5 Million for him in 2013/14 plus £100,000 a week in wages on a 6 year deal that could end up costing them a total of £48,000,000 and that was in the same year that Defoe left for Toronto. At that time Defoe had scored over 100 top class goals and was 5th all time top flight goalscorer in England.

Dont go telling me that clubs did not want to pay the price for a top goalscorer when he left because the proof is in front of you.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast