+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotherham place a 1 million bid

Quote Originally Posted by pnecha View Post
    I'm told we (Preston) have definitely bid and Alex Neil views him as his main target in terms of bringing in a big target man striker.
    I hope you get him.

bring in 11 goals a season billy sharpe

This must be rubbish anyway, we haven't got 1 million to spend on one player.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Just a few points. Barnsley must be mad letting him go, a ready made top league 1 striker. But they'd be mad to turn down £1m for him too.
    We must be mad if we're ready to shell out £1m for him, but KM would be mad not to come.
    Also, anyone who thinks Proctor and Smith are championship standard are also mad.
    By your standards we don’t have any striker who’s championship quality and let’s face it there’s not going to be 5 strikers coming in and I’m sure you think others arnt championship quality. What would you do then?
    Personally I see good points in signing Moore more so than signing someone with no championship experience or some fiddler like blackstock. But if it does come off I’m sure you’ll boo him when he walks on pitch

And no offence to Barnsley animal but I don’t think you got the best out of Moore at all. Also yes buying a few talent who are unheard off may not be a bad idea but what if we got 8 under the rader players and they couldn’t hack it it would end any chances of stopping up

Personally I think we will be outbid again and Moore will play on bench until January then loaned to posh or Charlton

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    The thing is, you're not going to get anyone who is proven for a million in the current market. If that's our budget then I don't think we'll get anyone better than him for that amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I think people are expecting linole messi for 600k

End of day strikers cost a fortune and like mas has said your not going to get a flawless proven championship goal scorer for a million even proven league 1 goal scorers asking prices are higher than that

Positives on signing Moore would be

A. He has already played for us and knows what to expect and would fit in well

B. He has already had half a season in championship and scored a few goals so his championship cherry has gone

And last of all with smith and Moore being big lads corners should be quite entertaining instead of nail biting.
    You both have got the wrong meaning of the post lol.

What I mean is if we are going to spend £1,000,000 on an unproved player we should spend £1,000,000 on 2 or 3 young unproven players with more chance of finding a gem because Moore is at least a couple of years away from Championship quality.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    We need to spend in defence first, how many did we concede last time in champs?
    I agree to a certain extent about the defence but you don’t win games 0-0 and 46 points usually means relegation. It’s far better winning and Proctor and Moore were immense together, no disrespect to Smith or Ball they still got us promoted. Just cast your mind back to those high scoring games at the beginning of the season, what do you prefer that or 0-0? It’s roller coaster time!

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post

What I mean is if we are going to spend £1,000,000 on an unproved player we should spend £1,000,000 on 2 or 3 young unproven players with more chance of finding a gem because Moore is at least a couple of years away from Championship quality.
    In your opinion. Which may be completely different from that of the people at the club who matter.

Tad unfair that.

BigLadonOS is a brilliant judge of a player.

Always has been .......

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post

Last time we signed an unproven player was onarise and warne told people he’s one for the future and people are calling for his head after 1 year.

Also look at Jono and Bowery they were unproven players that we got on cheap and we let both of them go. It was a waste of money

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Last time we signed an unproven player was onarise and warne told people he’s one for the future and people are calling for his head after 1 year.

Also look at Jono and Bowery they were unproven players that we got on cheap and we let both of them go. It was a waste of money
    JCH and Bowery were hardly on the cheap, they were both transfer records for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    JCH and Bowery were hardly on the cheap, they were both transfer records for the club.
    In terms of money for strikers

They were on the cheap

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast