+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Rotherham place a 1 million bid

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Well done son.

Can we go older posts and read your Ben Pringle love ins.

Premiership standard player etc etc.
    yea if u want to look for them and you can find the Premiership quality posts about Adam LeFondre too if you want! you know who I mean right the guy that scored 12 Premiership goals 2012/13 season and who is the 3rd best striker in Premiership history for minutes played to goal ratio.

Dont talk out your arris my friend unless you can back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I think people are expecting linole messi for 600k

End of day strikers cost a fortune and like mas has said your not going to get a flawless proven championship goal scorer for a million even proven league 1 goal scorers asking prices are higher than that

Positives on signing Moore would be

A. He has already played for us and knows what to expect and would fit in well

B. He has already had half a season in championship and scored a few goals so his championship cherry has gone

And last of all with smith and Moore being big lads corners should be quite entertaining instead of nail biting.
    Funny you should say that...
    Ive got some linoleum in a back room..well, they dont call it that these days..but it does get a bit messi.. 😅

Biglad

Plenty of players are flash in the pan players.

You don’t bring meaningless stats up to try and prove a point.

You look at number of seasons playing at the top level. Number of career goals and importantly how many top flight managers put you in the starting 11 every week. Or even in the championship????

Le Fondre has had a decent career but nevertheless came up short for the top level.

As I told you many times he would.

As for Pringle .... Hmmmm.

Biglad

You look at number of seasons playing at the top level. Number of career goals and importantly how many top flight managers put you in the starting 11 every week. Or even in the championship????

Le Fondre has had a decent career but nevertheless came up short for the top level.

Alfie 12 goals in 34 premier league games. That’s some record for coming up short.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Alfie 12 goals in 34 premier league games. That’s some record for coming up short.
    Dont waste your breath mate he just cant understand how good a record that is.

Biglad

I think you will find that those old records show that I have a clue what I am talking about mate.

I invite you to look through yours and post the ones you made that could back up that you know what your talking about.

Adam Le Fondre is 31yo.

Why haven’t I seen him play in the premiership during his ‘peak’

Why has he been moved on free transfers at championship level for the last few years?

The lad is a good goalscorer at his level. Decent career and unlike some players, played at the best level he could.

Had a nice purple streak but never a premiership class player.

Behave boys. He’d have gone from club to club for millions even if he was a proven championship performer and not even premiership class in this day and age. He hasn’t has he??

Aka Rhodes

I remember Warhurst nearly getting selected for England as a striker. All on the back of a purple patch.

Decent goalscorer but stop kidding yourselves.

34 games 12 goals. Yeah decent. How many goals in his last 34 games at league 1 level?

Adam Le Fondre is 31yo.

Why haven’t I seen him play in the premiership during his ‘peak’

Why has he been moved on free transfers at championship level for the last few years?

The lad is a good goalscorer at his level. Decent career and unlike some players, played at the best level he could.

Had a nice purple streak but never a premiership class player.

Behave boys. He’d have gone from club to club for millions even if he was a proven championship performer and not even premiership class in this day and age. He hasn’t has he??

Aka Rhodes

I remember Warhurst nearly getting selected for England as a striker. All on the back of a purple patch.

Decent goalscorer but stop kidding yourselves.

34 games 12 goals. Yeah decent. How many goals in his last 34 games at league 1 level?
    Alfie has plied his trade in the top 2 divisions since he left us making a total of 280 games and scoring 100 goals.

He played 104 games for Reading scoring 39 goals, that's a goal roughly every 2.5 games. And with clubs after Reading he has scored 61 goals in 176 games with quite a lot of games as a sub. That works out roughly at a goal every 2.7 games.

That makes Alfie a 15/16 goal striker every season for the last 6 years in the top 2 divisions. That my friend is a quality striker even if you don't think so.

I've said it once and I will repeat it....we have not bid 1 million for Moore.

He's definitely not worth that more like 600,000 but with all the add ons, with sell on clauses etc, I suppose it could top 750,000 if it all panned out.

Can't see why Barnsley would want to sell though. He'll do well next season in league 1.

Do we have 2 Adam Le Fondre’s playing pro football in this country??

Your figures are way off according to the 3 sites I’ve checked.

Add to that he’s not exclusively played championship football since he left Reading and I’d say you need to keep taking the medication.

More like a 1 in 5 ratio the last few years and it’s probably around 5 years ago I told you what his level is. Probably underchieved by my expectations since then.

Free, free, loan, loan.

Top managers don’t do thst to top class players.

Redo your sums. If I’m wrong I’ll hold up my hands.

61 goals since Reading. I don’t think so.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast