+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ‘Jealous, because that should be me there.’

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    O.K. Terry, you've hit the nail on the head. It's a conspiracy theory.

Big Fat Sam gets himself appointed to lucrative long term contracts and then contrives to very quickly and under suspicious circustances get himself sacked.

You must admit he's been very successful at it.

I wonder if Ghost can theorise about his total payoffs in his wealth career. He must be one of the best paid managers for a total of bungs and pay offs.
    Yeah, I'll sum it all up.
    He gets contracts to do a job. He does the job. Can anyone argue this?
    He then gets sacked after doing a decent/fair job whilst still under contract. His fault?....If so, how?

Other contracts, he walks away from, does he get paid?......No, why would he, unless there was an amicable parting.

Now take a look at the clubs he's took on and done a decent job with for what was asked of him. I'd say he's earned the money for what was on offer. It's not his fault as to what his pay off is, even if this overall sick football world of money, is past rationality.

I'm well aware of it all. He's committed no real crime. He's been hung out to dry for opening his gob. His fault for doing it and falling for the journalistic scam.
    He's lost his England job over it because, in my opinion (like I said earlier) he was set up to lose.

By all means hate him and go with whatever you feel. I'm just giving my view.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Yeah, I'll sum it all up.
    He gets contracts to do a job. He does the job. Can anyone argue this?
    He then gets sacked after doing a decent/fair job whilst still under contract. His fault?....If so, how?

Other contracts, he walks away from, does he get paid?......No, why would he, unless there was an amicable parting.

Now take a look at the clubs he's took on and done a decent job with for what was asked of him. I'd say he's earned the money for what was on offer. It's not his fault as to what his pay off is, even if this overall sick football world of money, is past rationality.
    Why would the FA hire him just to set him up and give him the sack a few months later?

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Why would the FA hire him just to set him up and give him the sack a few months later?
    Someone or some people higher up wanting him out?
    Someone high up in the media/tabloids?
    Some maybe didn't want him taking England to the world cup?

I don't know the true answer. ALl I know is, he was done up like a kipper and fell for it.
    He's lost his job for being naive.

I don't know the true answer. ALl I know is, he was done up like a kipper and fell for it.
    He lost his job for showing others how to cheat. That's immoral and represents what's wrong with the game. He got what he deserved, and it's unbelievable that he's still able to secure jobs.

Big Sam will always do a job for any club for me his football is not good to watch but if you need s manager to keep you up then there’s not many better

Everton were dire till he came and turned them around

As you said getting sacked and receiving compensation is not down to Big Sam but down to the people who employed him in the first place

The theory of him being set up could well be true with maybe a few of he old fossils the FA not agreeing with his appointment

What he said in the sting is nothing knew all managers at this level know of ways along with agents of finding loopholes to get players in

Sam was very naive to fall for the sting but greed is a strange trait in a human being.
    Last edited by TheOtherTerryMac; 18-06-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    He lost his job for showing others how to cheat. That's immoral and represents what's wrong with the game. He got what he deserved, and it's unbelievable that he's still able to secure jobs.
    Yep, like I said, it was immoral but is not a crime and he was basically set up and hung out to dry, regardless.
    If the journo's did that to a whole host of people in the game or sport, it wouldn't shock me for more than half to do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Big Sam will always do a job for any club for me his football is not good to watch but if you need s manager to keep you up then there’s not many better

Everton were dire till he came and turned them around

As you said getting sacked and receiving compensation is not down to Big Sam but down to the people who employed him in the first place

The theory of him being set up could well be true with maybe a few of he old fossils the FA not agreeing with his appointment

What he said in the sting is nothing knew all managers at this level know of ways along with agents of finding loopholes to get players in

Sam was very naive to fall for the sting but greed is a strange trait in a human being.
    Yep, agreed.
    Basically he might not be everyone's cuppa but, like you say, he does a job and yeah, he mugged himself off by falling into the sting and only has himself to blame for that.

Problem is ghost its not the first time. He has previous. He was caught taking bungs at Bolton too dont forget, breaching FA rules at the time so its not just immoral what he does as you describe it but it is also cheating.

Makes me wonder what else he has done that hasn't come out - maybe explains why he was done up like a kipper by England. A greedy and devious man who I dont hate but certainly have no sympathy for.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)