+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ‘Jealous, because that should be me there.’

‘Jealous, because that should be me there.’

Allardyce said at the end of the England manager programme that has just finished on BBC 2. The bloke has no shame. Tried to play down what he said in the sting saying the FA should have waited before sacking him. God awful person who has no conscience.

Appalling man, he is. Arrogant, deluded, hubris beyond belief.

What a shithouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    Allardyce said at the end of the England manager programme that has just finished on BBC 2. The bloke has no shame. Tried to play down what he said in the sting saying the FA should have waited before sacking him. God awful person who has no conscience.
    And totally useless into the bargain.

A mackem hero.

I don't get the hatred for him. I also think he was set up and done up like a kipper in order to have him taken out of the England set up.
    Just my thoughts but the man has done nothing wrong in the overall aspect of the game.
    There's no criminal act, just perks of the game that more than likely most would take advantage of.

The issue only becomes an issue when one or two people become the target of media manipulation, obviously on the back of a nudge nudge from somewhere higher up to discredit someone in order for them to be taken out of the equation.

I honestly and truthfully do not understand the hate for Allardyce.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I don't get the hatred for him. I also think he was set up and done up like a kipper in order to have him taken out of the England set up.
    Just my thoughts but the man has done nothing wrong in the overall aspect of the game.
    There's no criminal act, just perks of the game that more than likely most would take advantage of.

The issue only becomes an issue when one or two people become the target of media manipulation, obviously on the back of a nudge nudge from somewhere higher up to discredit someone in order for them to be taken out of the equation.

Besides his family, close friends and cronies there's possibly only you and him in the whole country with those views.

What about a conspiracy theory about what he was up to when he was appointed to the England job?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post

Basically he got his fingers caught in the cookie jar. As England Manager you have to be squeaky clean and he should have declined the meeting.

My view is that he is a dinosaur of a manager perfectly suited for the England job. Fan power got him ousted at Everton but he will find another job somewhere.

Not that he needs another job the amount of times he has been paid off with huge lumpers but greed is a strange thing that’s how he got caught out with the England Sting he might be remorseful but he has nobody to blame but himself.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Besides his family, close friends and cronies there's possibly only you and him in the whole country with those views.

What about a conspiracy theory about what he was up to when he was appointed to the England job?
    Do you know what he was up to?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Basically he got his fingers caught in the cookie jar. As England Manager you have to be squeaky clean and he should have declined the meeting.

My view is that he is a dinosaur of a manager perfectly suited for the England job. Fan power got him ousted at Everton but he will find another job somewhere.

Not that he needs another job the amount of times he has been paid off with huge lumpers but greed is a strange thing that’s how he got caught out with the England Sting he might be remorseful but he has nobody to blame but himself.
    O.K. Terry, you've hit the nail on the head. It's a conspiracy theory.

Big Fat Sam gets himself appointed to lucrative long term contracts and then contrives to very quickly and under suspicious circustances get himself sacked.

You must admit he's been very successful at it.

I wonder if Ghost can theorise about his total payoffs in his wealth career. He must be one of the best paid managers for a total of bungs and pay offs.

He should have. He fell for the sucker punch but he still done nothing illegal...just immoral if we have to go down a certain path.
    Then we have to look at Erickson and Venables, etc.
    My thoughts are, some people did not want him in the England set up because, maybe he wasn't a yes man.
    My own personal thoughts.

My view is that he is a dinosaur of a manager perfectly suited for the England job.
    Dinosaur in age or something else?

Fan power got him ousted at Everton but he will find another job somewhere.
    Yep and I hope it comes back to seriously bite them, because the man was brought into do a job. He did that job and got scattered.

Greed is rife throughout football. Allardyce may well be greedy but then again name me footballers that aren't...or managers, etc?
    As for being paid off with lumpers. That's not his fault. That's the fault of clubs who pay him off when he's under contract.
    People are finding ways to simply hate him and I honestly do not know why.

He might be arrogant and he might bull himself up but so what. He gets the job done for what he's asked to do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)