+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brave new world for England?

Brave new world for England?

For a team with no hype there’s been a surprising .......err......amount of hype in the media in the last week!

Are they right.....is Gareth the new Messiah or just a very naughty boy?

I’ve had low to zero expectations of England since 2006 and don’t get bothered by their abject failures like I used to though.

I’m wondering after tonight’s match whether Kane will be off to a flyer or is it to be the more likely stiff,anxious display from him I fear?

Will Sterling look a world beater ......until the final pass/cross or finish is needed?

Will Maguire prove to be the average plodder I think he is?

Pickford.....the new Paul Crichton or Bank’s clone?

Henderson ......will he find a forward pass?

So by 10pm tomorrow night will we be flying high after a convincing win or wringing our hands collectively at another timid,turgid,inept tournament display with media and pundits discussing “where we go from here” and “what are we doing wrong with our youngsters” blah,blah,blah.

I’m willing to be surprised but if I see us passing sideways and backwards in the first ten minutes I’ll fear the worst.

I reckon a poor result against Tunisia in the form of a draw and then us gradually getting better.

Semi finals prediction from me.

Ya day expect that did ya?

Not surprised at all Mickd.

I don’t believe any of the football loving doom mongers who say that don’t give a toss about England in any top competition. Deep down every English person wants England to win. The problem is that we expect them to let us down and not meet our expectations so we don’t build them up so we aren’t hurt when we get knocked out.

I have even (stupidly I know) backed England to win the WC at 16/1 simply because I believe this is the most open WC I can remember with no outstanding teams. We are in my opinion better than a 16/1 shot but like you I am ready to be disappointed if we don’t win but in the meantime I live in total hope, at least until we get knocked out anyway.

They're 16/1 in England. You'll probably get 50/1 in Russia, say.

What did I tell you.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)