+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: England only World Cup thread...

Should be Kane and Vardy up front v Panama and Rose to replace Young. I would stick with Maguire despite some sloppy play. I won’t say I’ll eat my hat if we don't beat Panama because foolish remarks can always come back to bite you in the Canal.

Why the VAR team took two simultaneous toilet breaks exactly at the time Kane was put in neck holds and thrown to the floor only FIFA will know.

Bring Cahill in for Walker, Delph in for Young, Cheeky Loftus in for Alli, Rashford in for Lingard and Vardy in for Sterling and we could win the bloody thing!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Why the VAR team took two simultaneous toilet breaks exactly at the time Kane was put in neck holds and thrown to the floor only FIFA will know.

Bring Cahill in for Walker, Delph in for Young, Cheeky Loftus in for Alli, Rashford in for Lingard and Vardy in for Sterling and we could win the bloody thing!
    Just why football, which must be the simplest game on the planet, is consistently the worst officiated on the planet is a mystery to me, but it continues to be the case. There is a referee and a linesman, both close to the action, a row of officials in front of a row of video
    screens, but none of them see a succession of England players manhandled to the ground at corner after corner. I could see it, you could see it, I'm sure fans in the ground could see it, the commentators could see it, the studio muppets could see it, but none of the officials did ? I don't believe it, one or more of them must have seen it, but decided to ignore it. But why do they ignore it ? Why are they on the side of the cheats ? It was the same with the Tunisian time wasting in the second half, standing in front of free-kicks so they couldn't be taken, the referee could see it, he must have known what they were doing and why, but he totally ignored it. Why, just what is going on in their heads ? Why are they on the side of the cheats and timewasters ?
    I've said it before, and last night was just more evidence, the problem in the game is not the players, it's the officials, the players will try to get away with as much as they can, as much as the officials will allow, and until they get a grip of the cheats games will continue to be mired in controversy and ruined.

The big mystery to me is why they don't, before every corner the refs see the wrestling in the box and go over to have a word, it's boring and pointless and just wastes time, but as soon as the corner comes in they apparently don't see the wrestling, none of it, they miss it all. Why not do it the other way round, ignore all the wrestling before the kick is taken, but penalise the first offence as soon as the ball is live. That would eradicate the problem within a couple of games, but the last ref that tried it in England, Mike Dean, nearly got hounded out of the game instead of being supported, it's all a mystery to me.

That was just ridiculous last night sinkov.

For whatever reason, it is quite clear FIFA do not want England to win the World Cup.

What is the point of VAR after this debacle?

I've said it before BT, VAR is a pointless farce, in the hands of football's officials it will always cause more problems than it solves. What is the point of a row of video screens anyway, when referees are too afraid to make a decision on what they can see with their own eyes ?
    Last edited by sinkov; 19-06-2018 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    That was just ridiculous last night sinkov.

For whatever reason, it is quite clear FIFA do not want England to win the World Cup.

What is the point of VAR after this debacle?
    Clattenberg says the VAR ref has to check 25 different cameras while the game proceeds and if play restarts they can’t go back. The ref can stop the game though. The ref was useless, and surely even one camera would have shown the VAR ref the rugby tackles in 5 seconds. No need for 25 unless play is stopped.
    I think VAR is ok but it’s far to complex and being used wrongly by refs not up to the mark.

Anyone think Nicks extra inches would have saved the penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    I said exactly that last night OC...

Attachment 9865

Not if he'd dived to his left.

Clattenberg says the VAR ref has to check 25 different cameras while the game proceeds and if play restarts they can’t go back. The ref can stop the game though. The ref was useless, and surely even one camera would have shown the VAR ref the rugby tackles in 5 seconds. No need for 25 unless play is stopped.
    I think VAR is ok but it’s far to complex and being used wrongly by refs not up to the mark.
    But why do we need 25 cameras, there are a referee and linesman just feet away. The refs see the grappling before every corner, then don't see it when the corner is taken ? No I'm not having that, it simply cannot be the case that neither official saw what happened, one or both of them did, but decided not to act on what they saw ? Why not ? I can't answer that question, I've no idea.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)