+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: England only World Cup thread...

England only World Cup thread...

2-0 England against the lads from Tunaland.

Difficult game, Tunisia have had some good results recently, better teams than us are struggling, so I'll take a 1-0 win, or even a draw wouldn't be the end of the world.

Serbia and Croatia will take some stopping, I hope we meet neither of those two if we qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Serbia and Croatia will take some stopping, I hope we meet neither of those two if we qualify.
    I'm on Croatia at 40/1.

and Germany at 5/1

Im thinking because its in nearby Russia, that both Poland & Serbia could be dark horses to watch out for, and we England might meet the Poles in the 2nd round!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Im thinking because its in nearby Russia, that both Poland & Serbia could be dark horses to watch out for, and we England might meet the Poles in the 2nd round!.
    Trippier was magnificent. 2-1 Engerland!

Tripps definitely MOM for me today,an outstanding performance from him..

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Trippier was magnificent. 2-1 Engerland!
    Walker knew what he was doing and was rightly punished. If just one of those chances in the first half went in, we were looking at a landslide. Tunisia offered nothing and I am surprised Southgate didn’t make the substitutions earlier than he eventually did. The referee ‘s performance should be looked at for Kane’s two penalty incidents. On both occasions the referee had a clear view and bottled it. Lastly, thank goodness Kane knew where the net was because no one else did and Ashley Young is never an England player. We left better players at home.

I think the refs have been really good in the matches so far, I don't think theres been anything really bad or contriversial so far.... until tonight of course!!.
    They were blatant 'wrestling' style fouls on our players in the area, and why or how the officials didn't give them is anybodys guess.
    Well done Harry eh, hes taken two clear cut chances like we know he can do.

An excellent performance, if we had anyone else who could finish even half as well as H we'd have been home and dry by half-time. Gareth has got rid of all the dross bar Stirling, just needs to go off the evidence of his own eyes and drop him, he doesn't even need to replace him, we'll do better with just ten men than with that liability in the team. I don't care that Stirling cost £50 million. or that he plays for Manchester City, he just isn't good enough for England, nowhere near.

I've seen all the top teams now, and I never thought I'd be saying this, but on what I've seen so far, we can go a long way in this, the semis are on at least.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)