+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Ayew

Jordan Ayew

The latest to be "linked"
    To be honest, at the quoted price (£13m) he would be a decent addition to the squad.

I wouldn't like to think he would be our main striker though.

He would be good competition for / upgrade on Perez.

Yes, its another slow day in the transfer market and i am getting bored!

I'd rather not spend that money on him if we're not getting a proper transfer kitty. As you say Mick, he'd be good for competition, but would he actually add a lot to this team? Personally, I'd rather spend 2x 20 mil on two players who could go straight into the team and make a difference (ie. scoring and setting up goals).

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I'd rather not spend that money on him if we're not getting a proper transfer kitty. As you say Mick, he'd be good for competition, but would he actually add a lot to this team? Personally, I'd rather spend 2x 20 mil on two players who could go straight into the team and make a difference (ie. scoring and setting up goals).
    Kenedy and that lad from Fulham...

... Mitrovic i believe he is called?

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Kenedy and that lad from Fulham...

... Mitrovic i believe he is called?
    Kenedy would do the job, not sure Mitrovic is the right man for Rafael. If he goes to Fulham permanently and bags 11-12 goals, I'd hold my hands up. I just don't think he can score that number of goals at this level.

He scored 9 in an awful relegated team at 21... he has improved since.

I know it wont happen, but i really believe he is worthy of one last chance. (In reality one real chance)

RONNIE GILL UPDATE....

Newcastle United have no interest in Jordan Ayew and Saloman Rondon is deemed too expensive, at £16m...

If we rate him more than Mitro, how on earth do we price mitro at £20m+ but his upgrade at less than £16m

Like I said... He's not a bad player, I just don't think we should be going for him.

Well, who deemed him too expensive? I have my suspicions

Very concerning if we deem £16 million for a prem experience striker to expensive. . .

Sign of things to come .. Scraping the bottom of the barrel .. Nowt changes . To deem rondon to expensive .. He is completely gash sums up where we are going .
    Last edited by TheBigSausage; 18-06-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I like your optimism but Ashley spending £20m on one player would never happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)