+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dean Henderson signs

Cheers B58.

From S2 board
    Name:  tweet.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  54.8 KB

See rod it's the new BUZZ word

excellent signing as i said on another thread i think chelsea are wanting to sell jamal and chris has other areas that need money to be spent 1 in 4 more to go i reckon

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    see rod it's the new buzz word
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Oooh baby!

In an interview on the official Manchester United website the former Shrewsbury Town stopper has explained why he chose to join up with the Blades, rejecting the chance to come to Ashton Gate among other places.

A long-standing relationship between Manchester United and Sheffield United appears to have had a large bearing.

“I can’t wait to go there to build on the last season I had at Shrewsbury,” said Dean to ManUtd.com.

“It’s in the division above and showing that progression by going on to the next bigger stage, in front of 30,000 passionate fans at Bramall Lane. I can’t wait to go there and perform and connect with them. I’m sure it will be a successful season.

“Sheffield United are a massive club and it’s a massive city for football. They’ve got that rivalry with Sheffield Wednesday and I’m looking forward to those games coming up as well. I can’t wait to get there and push up the division.”

And specifically, why the move to Sheffield United rather than other clubs such as the Robins?

“There were a hell of a lot of loan clubs and I’m thankful to all of them for coming in,” Dean added.

“But I chose Sheffield United and a manager who has shown trust in me, plus a goalkeeping coach here in Wardy [Darren Ward], and I’m looking forward to learning and hopefully getting better and better.”

United have previously loaned Joe Riley and James Wilson to Sheffield United previously.

“Funnily enough I spoke to Joe last night about the manager,” Dean added. “He spoke really highly of him and, speaking to Chris Wilder, he has come across as really delighted to have me. It was a no-brainer and it gives me the platform to go there, play games and, hopefully, be a key part of the success there next season.

“I like the fact he’s a Sheffield lad and a Sheffield United fan. He is really passionate about where he wants the club to go and he wants hungry, ambitious young players to help him do that. It’s good as I’m an ambitious lad and, hopefully, we’ll hit it off well.”
    Great to read that. The kid was League One’s keeper of the year, let’s hope next season’s n he’s the Championship’s with most clean sheets.

I like his confidence none of this I've come to fight for a place he believes he's goin to be no 1

Really happy with this keep them coming blades

Great start to Wilders transfer dealing. Just need an England win to cap a good day off.

Great signing this kid looks like a good solid signing by Wilder.I liked Blackman but England's u21 keeper you just can't pass that up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast