+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: England v Tunisia Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Totally agree after that miss in first half when he grinned if I was manager I'd of fined him n' hauled him off then. Most over rated player in team.
    Most overrated player in english football steve , feck me I could score 20 goals in the current Man City team at 56 with an arthritic knee .

I think personally the system we play will suit us against the better teams , the teams who will come out to play , very difficult as we found tonight against the spoilers with this system .

We missed some easy chances in the first half but they won't miss them all in the tournament going forward , some good finishers in that team .

Harry Kane just knows how to get the job done , great goalscorer , not necessarily a great player but he's just got that special something that can't be coached , you either have it or you don't , Lineker was the same .

Drop Young, Henderson, & Sterling VS Panama.
    Got to start Loftus Cheek, Rashford and a left footed left back (Rose?)

Thought the first half we were excellent. With the chances we created we should have scored more goals. Second half was more lacklustre but they just defended and fouled
    We should have had two penalties. Danny Baker was apoletic on Twitter about VAR, very funny. Thoroughly deserved win. Remember, Brazil, Germany and Argentina didn't win their opening games.
    Personally I would drop Sterling and start with Rashford.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Most overrated player in english football steve , feck me I could score 20 goals in the current Man City team at 56 with an arthritic knee .

I think personally the system we play will suit us against the better teams , the teams who will come out to play , very difficult as we found tonight against the spoilers with this system .

We missed some easy chances in the first half but they won't miss them all in the tournament going forward , some good finishers in that team .

Harry Kane just knows how to get the job done , great goalscorer , not necessarily a great player but he's just got that special something that can't be coached , you either have it or you don't , Lineker was the same .
    Totally agree. When Kane was taking set pieces in the last tournament I was totally bamboozled by such ineptitude by Roy hodgson. Agree that his abilities as a footballer are questionable but he comes alive in that penalty box. Priceless.

Jordan Henderson was our best player and took responsibility for a change. I've slated him in the past but he looks to have improved coincidentally with Liverpool's strong finish to the season. He ain't the finished article by any means but his passing tonight was on a different level to any other player we had.

Deserved victory. I was so frustrated that we we'd conceded against those mugs but we displayed character to get the win in the end. The winning goal will surely prove to be a big psychological boost to the lads cos if we'd drawn it would've been the same old same old around the country

Ive tried to stick up for Sterling in the past but he just doesn't do enough anymore.. and in fact he doesn't do anything whatsoever so hes got to be droped!. Why didn't we put Lallana in the squad, hes just as effective as Stirling is in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Totally agree. When Kane was taking set pieces in the last tournament I was totally bamboozled by such ineptitude by Roy hodgson. Agree that his abilities as a footballer are questionable but he comes alive in that penalty box. Priceless.

Jordan Henderson was our best player and took responsibility for a change. I've slated him in the past but he looks to have improved coincidentally with Liverpool's strong finish to the season. He ain't the finished article by any means but his passing tonight was on a different level to any other player we had.

Deserved victory. I was so frustrated that we we'd conceded against those mugs but we displayed character to get the win in the end. The winning goal will surely prove to be a big psychological boost to the lads cos if we'd drawn it would've been the same old same old around the country
    Agree pass , that late goal could prove pivotal for the confidence of this young group .

They can play there's no doubt about that .

Not sure about Ashley Young to be honest , Danny Rose for me , cutting on to his right foot ain't going to fool anybody at this level .

Needed that win & thoroughly deserved it! Almost cheated out of it by the ref (who should be binned by FIFA) - their pen was a joke & the 2 that we should have had was even more laughable that neither the ref nor the VAR people looked at them
    Finally, players should retreat 10 yards from a freekick & the ref did nowt - pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Agree pass , that late goal could prove pivotal for the confidence of this young group .

They can play there's no doubt about that .

Not sure about Ashley Young to be honest , Danny Rose for me , cutting on to his right foot ain't going to fool anybody at this level .

Young is a solid team player but predictable. Hard to gauge his performance tonight cos he was never asked a defensive question and that is where I feel he edges it over Danny Rose. I like Roses pace and offensive play. He would be more effective against the sit in teams like Panama will probably be. However, Young edges it in the bigger games for me, only just mind!

Quote Originally Posted by anstonred View Post
    Needed that win & thoroughly deserved it! Almost cheated out of it by the ref (who should be binned by FIFA) - their pen was a joke & the 2 that we should have had was even more laughable that neither the ref nor the VAR people looked at them
    Finally, players should retreat 10 yards from a freekick & the ref did nowt - pathetic

Agree. Worst ref I've seen so far. The refing standard has been aif decent so far to be fair but the injustice England teams seem to suffer reared its ugly head ageean despite VAR

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Agree. Worst ref I've seen so far. The refing standard has been aif decent so far to be fair but the injustice England teams seem to suffer reared its ugly head ageean despite VAR

Spot on P&M

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast