+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: England v Tunisia Match Thread

I think the refs have been really good so far in this tournament, but how on earth can that clown give their weak pen, and still refuse to give those blatant pen/fouls that happened against us, in that second half ?.

The VAR ref is in Moscow. The world cup is in Russia. Russia isn't the best of friends with us right now. Say no more.

We have to drop Young, Alli & Sterling.
    Young slowed it down every time he got the ball he stopped, turned & passed it back. Never went down the line once.
    Alli seems more interested in goal celebrations than playing football. Not half the player he was 12 months ago.
    Sterling can't kick a ball properly.
    Stones & Maguire tried to drive us forward when we seemed to have run out of ideas.
    You have to have players that can beat a man when we play against defences like Tunisia. Rashford & Loftus-Cheek did that and with Rose going down the left we could be decent.

Just to add balance--

Wiv beaten Tunisia wi a last gasp goal and may go on to beat Panama. Am not gerrin giddy yit until we start laikin the world class teams, starting wi Belgium, and see aar wi gerron.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Just to add balance--

Wiv beaten Tunisia wi a last gasp goal and may go on to beat Panama. Am not gerrin giddy yit until we start laikin the world class teams, starting wi Belgium, and see aar wi gerron.

The trouble with you SB is that you've been spoiled with the scitillating football you've been witnessing down at Oakwell for thelast 18 months
    Some folk are never appy

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    The trouble with you SB is that you've been spoiled with the scitillating football you've been witnessing down at Oakwell for thelast 18 months
    Some folk are never appy
    And days al be drawing in on Thursday. Get winter coits and jumpers art.

Just to add balance--

It's difficult to gauge against the spoiler teams. You have to take the positives and unlike in previous years we created a sackfull o chances against this sort of team. We had vibrant alternative attacking options coming off the bench when it looked like the starting XI had become frustrated and run out of ideas, that helped give us fresh impetus which won us the game. I've also noticed the team spirit the squad has which is always key.

I'm encouraged from what I've seen in not only last nights game but the style we've played throughout the qualifying games. We have a young inexperienced side and may well be out of our depth against the top teams, who knows? Having said that I haven't been impressed with anyone barring Mexico. The so called top teams have all laiked against what you would call inferior opponents. Brazil drew disappointingly, France scraped over the line having laiked poorly, Belgium laiked a pub team, Argentina couldn't finish the job versus Iceland, Germany lost and looked a bit disjointed.

Portugal and Spain put on a good show but both wanted to laik football and that's the difference for me. I personally am willing to stick my neck art and say that England will do well against the teams that show any interest in attacking us. With our pace and movement we will create chances. I'm suspect of our defence but against better opponents I'd assume Cahill will start rather than Maguire which should give us more solidity.

For me you have to use VAR whole hog or not at all. Even for throw ins and stuff as that can lead to a goal as well. The problem VAR has introduced is penalty decisions like last night will have to be given more and more. Fifa will look at the shoddy performance last night and during the next match the officials will be that scared to miss another blatant one that three soft ones will be given. It won't be long before matches are finishing 9-9.

And days al be drawing in on Thursday. Get winter coits and jumpers art.
    It always creeps up on you dun't it?
    Nights will be drawing in at the rate of about 15 minutes a week from Thursday up till Christmastime then it does it all again

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    For me you have to use VAR whole hog or not at all. Even for throw ins and stuff as that can lead to a goal as well. The problem VAR has introduced is penalty decisions like last night will have to be given more and more. Fifa will look at the shoddy performance last night and during the next match the officials will be that scared to miss another blatant one that three soft ones will be given. It won't be long before matches are finishing 9-9.
    VAR and hawk eye is used for all decisions a lines man is not suppose to flag unless its close to them and they can see clearly off side are the same they are to wait till end of the move and get told in their ear the final decision is down to the on field ref he gets the call in his ear and he decides.
    so far i have noticed that every touch in the box now and the commentators are wanting VAR

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast