+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bielsa sweeps Felix out .........

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Jimmy m8, you really need to get out more.

Unlike folks like you, if either my statements or predictions prove to be wrong, I'll admit it.

I was right about how sh1te Wiedwald was going to be, and proved right in the event, and delighted he is no longer a Leeds player (or at least so it seems).

If we are going to actually get paid (which has yet to be confirmed, the "unconfirmed sum" statement is all we know at present), then that's even better.

But please don't let's pretend that identifying Wiedwald as surplus to requirement/useless and acting accordingly is some kind of masterstroke from Bielsa (I suspect moves were in hand before he was appointed) indicating how effective he will be in disposing of the real problems (e.g. Sacko, Ekuban, Grot, Anita), who do have long contracts and who won't leave quite so easily.

The plate of humble pie you keep suggesting I should tuck into is still very small. Maybe you would care to venture what your response might be should this "Hail Mary" management appointment go t1ts up as I am suggesting it will?
    So you admit that you overhyped the contract issue of Weidwald as something we would have to live with for years to come .

I admit you was right about Felix . You was right even before he kicked a ball for us (such is the power of your crystal ball of doom applied to all our players)

I see it as good news myself. Not something to harp on about how **** things were whilst he held the jersey for half a season . All GK rumours suggest a more than decent level of replacement is being considered . Can't get any worse surely ?

I never suggested this was a master stroke from Bielsa to get shot of Weidwald. Obviously the writing was on the wall since April once he could not even make the bench (which in a way gave opportunity to BPF 😮, every cloud ...).

Re: Sacko, Ekuban, Grot, Anita - I think your wrong in assuming the club want to get rid of all four . Sacko and Anita are possible and advisable for sure. However, I would expect Ekuban and Grot to be given further chances.

For the record WTF, and this might shock you . I am not totally in favour of the Bielsa appointment. I have serious doubts about his ability to be able to convey these convoluted tactical video sessions to the team due to the language barrier . Lost in translation? Let's see

My biggest hope for this appointment is that Leeds can now sell the project. Attract a better level of player and let the improved quality on the pitch do the talking.

It's funny how you react to my post which applies to a lot of posters on here (not just yourself you silly old egotist

They are all eating their humble pie quietly , why can't you ? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    So you admit that you overhyped the contract issue of Weidwald as something we would have to live with for years to come .

I admit you was right about Felix . You was right even before he kicked a ball for us (such is the power of your crystal ball of doom applied to all our players)

I see it as good news myself. Not something to harp on about how **** things were whilst he held the jersey for half a season . All GK rumours suggest a more than decent level of replacement is being considered . Can't get any worse surely ?

I never suggested this was a master stroke from Bielsa to get shot of Weidwald. Obviously the writing was on the wall since April once he could not even make the bench (which in a way gave opportunity to BPF 😮, every cloud ...).

Re: Sacko, Ekuban, Grot, Anita - I think your wrong in assuming the club want to get rid of all four . Sacko and Anita are possible and advisable for sure. However, I would expect Ekuban and Grot to be given further chances.

For the record WTF, and this might shock you . I am not totally in favour of the Bielsa appointment. I have serious doubts about his ability to be able to convey these convoluted tactical video sessions to the team due to the language barrier . Lost in translation? Let's see

My biggest hope for this appointment is that Leeds can now sell the project. Attract a better level of player and let the improved quality on the pitch do the talking.

It's funny how you react to my post which applies to a lot of posters on here (not just yourself you silly old egotist

They are all eating their humble pie quietly , why can't you ? 😂
    On the last question, I'm not, because I don't have to. If the only matter that show I wa wring is getting paid for Wiedwald when I suggested we wouldn't, then I'm a f00king sight better at prediction than our DoF is, maybe the club should appoint me, hmm?

As to "chances", just how many would you suggest Ekuban and Sacko should get? I mean, the evidence speaks for itself and no matter how "energetic" our new coach wants them to be, you can't make crap players good just by making them fit(ter).

Maybe the club should appoint me, hmm?
    I'd rather appoint a jar with some snot in it

Kind.of making my point for.me, but thanks.

Your point has been made daily over and over again for as long as I can remember .

Pure unadulterated Leeds hating diatribe.

Oh and just to rub it in (snot or anything else), whatever we get for Wiedwald it won't be what we paid for him, so if the club had taken my advice I imagine we'd be a couple if hundred k better off (earned my keep, so I would have).

Your point has been made daily over and over again for as long as I can remember .

Pure unadulterated Leeds hating diatribe.
    Not sure how you come by that conclusion, been taking too much of the local "recreational" substances?

I want the club to appoint staff and players capable of competing in the Championship (at least), make sound decisions about that, reduce the risk of failure, make the fans proud to be supporting a successful, honourable and honest club.

That's "Leeds hating"? Have a word with yourself.

We have an owner who has appointed a set of lick-spittle board members who are collectively and individually unmitigated failures. We have on owner who on ALL the evidence sees Leeds as a vehicle for expanding is media empire rather than a football club capable of being supported and invested in to obtain promotion to the highest levels of English football. WE have appointed a coach/manager who speaks not one word of English, who is an acknowledged egoist and who has failed miserably to achieve anything over recent years and who (supposedly) sees Leeds as yet another opportunity to boost his ego at the expense (as far as he cares), of his employer.

Yeah, Leeds-haters exist, but not where I sit.

You have a strange grasp of how football works WTF.

So... the master idea you stewed upon for an entire season saved us " couple of hundred k" for one season?

Recent spending alone (Foreshaw) show that this sum is small fry to a club in our position.

PS:

"earned my keep, so I have"

who the are you? Jack sparrow? 😂

You have a strange grasp of how football works WTF.

So... the master idea you stewed upon for an entire season saved us " couple of hundred k" for one season?

Recent spending alone (Foreshaw) show that this sum is small fry to a club in our position.

PS:

"earned my keep, so I have"

who the are you? Jack sparrow? 😂
    As I suggested, too much of recreational substances (and less selective quoting, maybe).

We spent about £25m last season, and bought a heap of sh1t. If my "suggestions" had been followed we wouldn't have Grot, Anita, Cibicki, Ekuban, and wouldn't have contracted Sacko for god only knows how long, Bouy wouldnt be in our boks and neither would the Japanese guy who nobody has heatd of (now or before), to name just a few.

Wiedewald is small beer compared to that little lot, every one of which wouldn't have seen sight of a Leeds shirt if I was DoF, instead of which we have a similar sum (last seasons transfer budget), to make available simply to pay them off (they won't go like Wiedewald did).

Oh and just to rub it in (snot or anything else), whatever we get for Wiedwald it won't be what we paid for him, so if the club had taken my advice I imagine we'd be a couple if hundred k better off (earned my keep, so I would have).
    that is the sort of logic that means no one does anything - we would all still be living in caves - making progress involves taking a few risks - not all risks come off ....

case in point I am trying to explain to you logically - it most likely won’t come off

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)