+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bielsa sweeps Felix out .........

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    that is the sort of logic that means no one does anything - we would all still be living in caves - making progress involves taking a few risks - not all risks come off ....

case in point I am trying to explain to you logically - it most likely won’t come off
    Risks yes, assessed, evaluated and measured. If that was what Orta did before acquiring the flapper, (and most of the other crowd
    that descended on us like a plague last season), then it shows he's pi55 poor at it (then again, his past record before Leeds shows it, so the inability to assess risk doesn't stop there, does it?).

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    As I suggested, too much of recreational substances (and less selective quoting, maybe).

We spent about £25m last season, and bought a heap of sh1t. If my "suggestions" had been followed we wouldn't have Grot, Anita, Cibicki, Ekuban, and wouldn't have contracted Sacko for god only knows how long, Bouy wouldnt be in our boks and neither would the Japanese guy who nobody has heatd of (now or before), to name just a few.

Wiedewald is small beer compared to that little lot, every one of which wouldn't have seen sight of a Leeds shirt if I was DoF, instead of which we have a similar sum (last seasons transfer budget), to make available simply to pay them off (they won't go like Wiedewald did).
    It isn't hard to be right every now and again when you say EVERYONE we sign is ****.

'If the club had taken my advice' .......**** me you are seriously deluded.

How are you still a Leeds fan, I thought your moral outrage about Myanmar would force you to cut ties with the club?

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    It isn't hard to be right every now and again when you say EVERYONE we sign is ****.

'If the club had taken my advice' .......**** me you are seriously deluded.

How are you still a Leeds fan, I thought your moral outrage about Myanmar would force you to cut ties with the club?
    "Right now and again........", how about every time?

Not been wrong in anything of importance since.Radrizzani took total ownership. Happy that we have got something for the flapper, and we'll never know how much we lost (in wages for the waste of space and the transfer fee out compared to the 1/2 mill we paid for him), but on all others (including Lassogga who I'm genuinely disappointed about), my record stands head and shoulders above our DoF.

Of course, you're at liberty to tell me which of the current crop were worth acquiring?

"Right now and again........", how about every time?

Not been wrong in anything of importance since.Radrizzani took total ownership. Happy that we have got something for the flapper, and we'll never know how much we lost (in wages for the waste of space and the transfer fee out compared to the 1/2 mill we paid for him), but on all others (including Lassogga who I'm genuinely disappointed about), my record stands head and shoulders above our DoF.

Of course, you're at liberty to tell me which of the current crop were worth acquiring?
    Right everytime .... are you Jacob Rees-Mogg, Ed Balls, David Davis or Nigel Farage?

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Right everytime .... are you Jacob Rees-Mogg, Ed Balls, David Davis or Nigel Farage?
    All of the above

We spent about £25m last season, and bought a heap of sh1t. If my "suggestions" had been followed we wouldn't have Grot, Anita, Cibicki, Ekuban, and wouldn't have contracted Sacko for god only knows how long, Bouy wouldnt be in our boks and neither would the Japanese guy who nobody has heatd of (now or before), to name just a few.
    Grot - undisclosed
    Cibiki - undisclosed (but rumoured to be £1.5m)
    Ideguchi - £500k
    Ekuban - undisclsoed (but rumoured to be £750k)
    Sacko - undisclosed (but rumoured to be £1.5m)
    Bouy - free
    Anita - free

So, at a conservative estimate, £5.75m in transfer fees on all of the above. And I doubt many of them would have been signed on huge contracts, maybe Anita would have been on '1st team' wages but none of the others. And he's an interesting one, he was a dutch international, and played for Newcastle in the PL and throughout their promotion season - but predominantly as a central midfielder and then right back, NEVER a left back. So perhaps we've never seen him at his best because he's never had a run in the side in his best position?

Anyway, I'm not entirely disagreeing with your point that some of these players won't ever be good enough to be 1st team regulars, but for £5.75m in transfer fees it doesn't seem a huge gamble because it only takes one of them to really come good and in terms of value for money the whole outlay would be very easily more than covered. And who knows, maybe Bielsa will achieve that with at least one of them.

Saiz, Alioski, Forshaw ?
    Last edited by OldWhiteTaff; 25-06-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Grot - undisclosed
    Ideguchi - £500k
    Bouy - free
    Anita - free

So, at a conservative estimate, £5.75m in transfer fees on all of the above. And I doubt many of them would have been signed on huge contracts, maybe Anita would have been on '1st team' wages but none of the others. And he's an interesting one, he was a dutch international, and played for Newcastle in the PL and throughout their promotion season - but predominantly as a central midfielder and then right back, NEVER a left back. So perhaps we've never seen him at his best because he's never had a run in the side in his best position?

Anyway, I'm not entirely disagreeing with your point that some of these players won't ever be good enough to be 1st team regulars, but for £5.75m in transfer fees it doesn't seem a huge gamble because it only takes one of them to really come good and in terms of value for money the whole outlay would be very easily more than covered. And who knows, maybe Bielsa will achieve that with at least one of them.

Saiz, Alioski, Forshaw ?
    The figures in this link are usually taken as reasonably accurate (for all clubs, and worldwide).

https://www.transfermarkt.com/leeds-...ers/verein/399

Take Jansson (and possibly Forshaw although I would imagine many supporters would say the jury is still out), and we arrive at a figure not unadjacent to that which I quoted (and certainly a good deal more than £6m).

I've said before that we have some that might be capable of being used in whatever formation Bielsa chooses to adopt, but the vast majority of what was spent on last seasons imports was wasted, and thats not taking into account the vast amount of club funds spent on paying for the likes of Anita, Grot, Ineguchi and others to sit on their arses for much (if not all) the season. (And if we paid for Anita on the basis of his performance as midfielder etc, why do we then play him in a position he has never played in before (and has shown to be incapable of playing in with any competence?)).

Vast waste of club funds, opex and capex, totally predictable, totally avoidable. And has our DoF ever made himself available to explain himself, given he is so good at spending other peoples money (the fans money!)?Errr, no

"vast waste of club funds"? Seriously? with average prem players drawing 5-10 million and we aren't owned by an oil sheik, yank crony capitalist or russian gangster yet we have to build a prem capable squad to get out of the championship.

you then vent about biesla who might be able to get us some great loanees and/or players looking for a great contract year to get a big paycheck. temporary players but big money payday if you get to the prem.

very few teams have the ability to build from within and develop a prem squad. Burnley is one of the few that comes to mind that really did it with their own players. Southhampton did it as well but started losing their players to the big dollar clubs. It's super hard to get up to the prem and just as hard to stay there unless you have a huge dollar benefactor.... most of these would never pass your morality litmus test.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Grot - undisclosed
    Ideguchi - £500k
    Bouy - free
    Anita - free

Saiz, Alioski, Forshaw ?
    Agree completely, not much of a gamble is it in the modern era... Actually i arrived at around 4.5M for the above so even less of a "gamble".

I did consider pulling the FACTS on money spent for the resident troll but whats the point when things at LUFC will never be good enough for that cnut.

The figures in this link are usually taken as reasonably accurate (for all clubs, and worldwide).

https://www.transfermarkt.com/leeds-...ers/verein/399

Take Jansson (and possibly Forshaw although I would imagine many supporters would say the jury is still out), and we arrive at a figure not unadjacent to that which I quoted (and certainly a good deal more than £6m).

I've said before that we have some that might be capable of being used in whatever formation Bielsa chooses to adopt, but the vast majority of what was spent on last seasons imports was wasted, and thats not taking into account the vast amount of club funds spent on paying for the likes of Anita, Grot, Ineguchi and others to sit on their arses for much (if not all) the season. (And if we paid for Anita on the basis of his performance as midfielder etc, why do we then play him in a position he has never played in before (and has shown to be incapable of playing in with any competence?)).

Vast waste of club funds, opex and capex, totally predictable, totally avoidable. And has our DoF ever made himself available to explain himself, given he is so good at spending other peoples money (the fans money!)?Errr, no
    Hang on a minute, if we accept that my £5.75m is probably an over-estimate for the players I listed, are you now saying that one of Jansson (£3.5m), Forshaw (£4.5m), Saiz (£3m), or Alioski (£2.5m) was a waste of money ? I'd say that even if we had to sell any of them on we'd at least get our money back. And for the sake of balance I guess we need to include Klich (£1.25m), Roberts (£2.5m) and De Bock (£1.5m) - and I think it's fair to say that for these three the jury's still out. So whichever way you cut it, your statement that "the vast majority of what was spent on last seasons imports was wasted" is simply not true at all.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)