+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Var

Well if anything, it proved VAR is a load of ****, as it was ignored by a dodgy ref.
    Tunisia are a bunch of cheats, feigning injury / fouls and screaming for VAR for anything.

I blame Brexit, anything to wind us up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Well if anything, it proved VAR is a load of ****, as it was ignored by a dodgy ref.
    Tunisia are a bunch of cheats, feigning injury / fouls and screaming for VAR for anything.

I blame Brexit, anything to wind us up.
    VAR has been proven to work many times already in this tournament, its not technology that almost screwed you guys tonight it was that damn awful ref, gave you nothing all night and blew up every time one of those cheating Tunisians fell to the ground for nothing, his performance needs looking into after that, not even non league standard in my opinion, delighted you guys stole it right at the end

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    VAR has been proven to work many times already in this tournament, its not technology that almost screwed you guys tonight it was that damn awful ref, gave you nothing all night and blew up every time one of those cheating Tunisians fell to the ground for nothing, his performance needs looking into after that, not even non league standard in my opinion, delighted you guys stole it right at the end
    oh bugger it !
    Last edited by navypie; 18-06-2018 at 08:41 PM.

What a ***king relief that ended with 3 points to England. I agree entirely that the ref was pish poor.

BUT... the squad shows absolutely no urgency whatsoever, and stood there ball watching way too often. I lost count of the number of sitters that got missed completely. Sometimes an England player didn't even bother to swing at it.

Sterling is just not an international class finisher, he only scored a shed load at City cos his World class team mates create so many for him, he's missed some proper sitters this season.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    What a ***king relief that ended with 3 points to England. I agree entirely that the ref was pish poor.

BUT... the squad shows absolutely no urgency whatsoever, and stood there ball watching way too often. I lost count of the number of sitters that got missed completely. Sometimes an England player didn't even bother to swing at it.
    First 15 minutes, bags of energy and enthusiasm, 3 or 4 goes at the target......after that, went to sleep and couldn't be arsed.....woke up in the last few minutes to sneak one at the death

That's enough about my *** life.....let's talk about the England game!

My thoughts...

(1) Sterling was dire - please substitute Rashford - nearly always class

(2) Please try Loftus-Cheek - never seen him anything less than impressive... what the hell dos he have to do to get a game?

(3) VAR: I thought this was going to be great.
    In fact, it is a heap of shyte. (Unless of course the VAR officials do not understand that rugby tackles are not allowed in the round ball game).

(4) Does everybody just hate England? I'm beginning to think so.
    Did anybody see the French goal against Aus? Yes, it was a goal - the ball was about 2" over the line. The ref blew instantly for a goal. Fine. Yet the ref in England v Germany could not see a ball that was about a yard over the line?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    First 15 minutes, bags of energy and enthusiasm, 3 or 4 goes at the target......after that, went to sleep and couldn't be arsed.....woke up in the last few minutes to sneak one at the death

That's enough about my *** life.....let's talk about the England game!
    Lol, as long as you don't get caught 'ball watching' then I supposed we'll let you off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    My thoughts...

(1) Sterling was dire - please substitute Rashford - nearly always class

(2) Please try Loftus-Cheek - never seen him anything less than impressive... what the hell dos he have to do to get a game?

(3) VAR: I thought this was going to be great.
    In fact, it is a heap of shyte. (Unless of course the VAR officials do not understand that rugby tackles are not allowed in the round ball game).

(4) Does everybody just hate England? I'm beginning to think so.
    Did anybody see the French goal against Aus? Yes, it was a goal - the ball was about 2" over the line. The ref blew instantly for a goal. Fine. Yet the ref in England v Germany could not see a ball that was about a yard over the line?
    Quite possibly the best post ever mate , hit the nail ,

Ref very poor including, thankfully, not sending Young off for being a ****. Thought we went from excellent to reasonably good as the first half progressed. We came out without urgency in the 2nd - appreciate we couldn't charge around like kids full of e-numbers but it became a lack of urgency pretty quickly.
    Criticisms: Walker is an athlete not a footballer; Sterling is superb in a dominant team but this is not where we are. Lindgaard? - we actually needed someone who could find the killer pass in the second half but we left him at home for Juve to covet. Trippier - an otherwise excellent performance marred by arguing the toss over where a free-kick should be taken (he was very wrong and gave Tunisia the opportunity to waste time. Not sure how bright he is). Rose must start for Young who should have walked early on.
    Positives - Kane can score goals and looks ready, unlike two years ago when he looked knackered and anxious to do too much. Thought Stones and Maguire looked good, and although I'm not a fan of Walker (it was a pen imho) his pace is useful. Henderson was disciplined but he does get very ponderous and tunnel visioned; having said that he allows those around him to play. Southgate has done a very good job in keeping the team level - they were close to being too patient in the second half.

edit - extra point re VAR. Seen to excellent effect in the Sweden game. Ref couldn't have given the pen on what he would have seen (it looked fair in real time). VAR eventually showed it was a pen , unequivocally, when it showed the right angle. The fault wasn't with VAR in the England game, it was with the crooked *******s using it.
    Last edited by them0uf; 18-06-2018 at 09:19 PM. Reason: didn't mean Juve were under cover

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast