+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Var

Let's stop beating around the bush , for whatever reason the ref was a cheat.

ps. Hats off to Calverton Pie for making the journey, keep on flying the flag mate.

Did make me chuckle that the referee suddenly seemed bothered about players getting off the pitch too slowly when substituted when we made a change after we'd scored, he walked alongside the England player practically pushing him whereas when Tunisia had made a change before he stood miles away just watching while the bloke wandered around the pitch for a minute pretending he didn't know who to give the armband.

The ref was scandalous lastnight, it's funny how we never get those decisions when they're always given against us. The cheating that's still happening at this world cup is a joke but it seems everyone apart from us find it acceptable. It should be a straight red for diving and I agree with those that say VAR was redundant in yesterday's match, the ref was just having a laugh at us.

Still we shouldn't have had to cut it so fine if lingard wasn't powder puff and as for Sterling, what the **** was that tippy tappy nonsense with the goal open, I know he can't shoot for **** but tap dancing on top of the ball is bad even for him. Rashford and Loftus Cheek please, both superior players for me, everytime LC plays for England he's excellent but obviously being at Palace this season has done him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    My thoughts...

(1) Sterling was dire - please substitute Rashford - nearly always class

(2) Please try Loftus-Cheek - never seen him anything less than impressive... what the hell dos he have to do to get a game?

(3) VAR: I thought this was going to be great.
    In fact, it is a heap of shyte. (Unless of course the VAR officials do not understand that rugby tackles are not allowed in the round ball game).

(4) Does everybody just hate England? I'm beginning to think so.
    Did anybody see the French goal against Aus? Yes, it was a goal - the ball was about 2" over the line. The ref blew instantly for a goal. Fine. Yet the ref in England v Germany could not see a ball that was about a yard over the line?
    The ref wears a watch which is linked to the goal line camera which tells him the ball as or asn't crossed the line, this wasn't available in the Germany game when Lampard scored.

[QUOTE=crazyfists;38923540]

Still we shouldn't have had to cut it so fine if lingard wasn't powder puff and as for Sterling, what the **** was that tippy tappy nonsense with the goal open, I know he can't shoot for **** but tap dancing on top of the ball is bad even for him.

It wouldn't have counted if he put it in the net because offside was given against the guy who crossed it.
    Mind you he still should have 'scored'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    That was a bit of a wrestling match as well. But the ref didn't see either, so I don't think it explains it.

Why the people watching in Moscow didn't see it, you can only speculate. As some warned, VAR just takes decisions away from one individual and imposes the opinions of another. In fact, the second opinion can often be worse than the first. It's so different from goal line technology which does work because it's objective and scientific.
    Presumably on the VAR replays they would have seen the foul on Kane and the foul by Stones so just decided not to do anything.

Anyway refereeing decisions aside I thought the performance was good and that was a tricky game we would have drawn in previous tournaments. Barring catastrophe against Panama we should qualify and hopefully give whoever we get in the last 16 a decent game.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    It wouldn't have counted if he put it in the net because offside was given against the guy who crossed it.
    Mind you he still should have 'scored'.
    Ha ha I missed that one cause was in disbelief at how bad the miss was, hopefully that's his really shockingly bad one out the way, in about five more shots he should be on target. Thank God for Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Ha ha I missed that one cause was in disbelief at how bad the miss was, hopefully that's his really shockingly bad one out the way, in about five more shots he should be on target. Thank God for Kane.
    Whilst people maybe pleased that we created chances if we want to progress beyond the group stages we are going to need other players apart from Kane to be much more clinical in their finishing and have more about us as a team than what we did in the second half last night.

By the time we face Belgium we will be at the point in the tournament where chances will become less limited due to the quality of the opposition and therefore we will need to take them. We could and should have easily have had that Tunisia game out of sight by halftime.

Can’t believe some of the stuff being said or written on social media, including here, about how bad we were or we will be lucky to get out of the group etc... There has not been a team yet at the WC that has looked like champions. All the big boys have so far looked laboured. Spain and Portugal have probably set the benchmark to this point.
    England did ok. For half an hour we looked like the best team so far.
    The 2nd half was not great and yet we still created chances. In the main we looked solid at the back, industrial in midfield and our movement was quite good. Tunisia tried to spoil the game, time waste, WWF and defended the point. The referee was also shocking.
    All in all we got what we deserved.
    Getting out of the group will be a doddle, Panama struggled against an under performing Belgium. By the time we play Belgium both would have qualified and then we can hopefully draw and finish the group 2nd thus avoiding Brazil in the 1/4 finals should we beat Columbia or Poland. Edited to add Japan!!
    Last edited by Notts78; 19-06-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345