+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Var

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Quite possibly the best post ever mate , hit the nail ,
    thanks Navy

It seems the general consensus is: Sterling out, Rashford in.

I like Southgate, but he seems to have a bit of a blind spot there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    thanks Navy

It seems the general consensus is: Sterling out, Rashford in.

I like Southgate, but he seems to have a bit of a blind spot there.
    Sterling runs around a lot and does nothing, i call him the jigsaw because he falls to pieces in front of goal, Rashford on the other hand is indeed an excellent player and should start if fit enough, I saw Loftus Cheek mentioned who I think is a beast of a player and deserves his game now also, decent 3 points for your guys tonight.

I've just read that there was a foul by Stones pushing a Tunisian player in the back moments before the foul on Kane, which would explain why no penalty was given even with VAR.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Sterling runs around a lot and does nothing, i call him the jigsaw because he falls to pieces in front of goal, Rashford on the other hand is indeed an excellent player and should start if fit enough, I saw Loftus Cheek mentioned who I think is a beast of a player and deserves his game now also, decent 3 points for your guys tonight.
    Sterling is a no from me. Too many times for England he tries to do too much and gets surrounded by the opposition and loses the ball.

I ageee about Rashford and Loftus Cheek. I think those two should start the next game.

Interesting whether Dele Alli will play in the next game as I felt the knock or whatever he took did not help us in the second half.

VAR is not the problem.

Most VAR decisions in the tournament so far have either reconfirmed a correct decision or overturned one that has been incorrect.

The problem tonight was the Columbian officials. They were TERRIBLE. A draw would have been an absolute travesty, good job Harry was there to stick the fingers up.

Although, we should defo have been 3 up by half time. I''m saying Vardy and Kane as the front 2....that's got to scare the **** out of opponents. Sterling is more effective as a wide player in a 4-4-2 so we don't need to start him really, especially as Kane's strike partner.

The best thing Sterling will do in this tournament is win a pen for us because of his pace. For that reason, we should keep him on the bench and use him as an impact sub when opponents legs are tired.

Enjoyed the match though. Better than anything that has been served up in the last 10 years.

The officials work to FIFA's agenda.
    I suggest folks look back to previous world cups and who got away with what.

2002 they did all they could to get South Korea and Japan to that final.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70YBjA0bLFM

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    The officials work to FIFA's agenda.
    I suggest folks look back to previous world cups and who got away with what.

2002 they did all they could to get South Korea and Japan to that final.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70YBjA0bLFM
    That's not a serious post is it?

Hahahahahahaha

The Italians got everything they've ever deserved in that tournament. They are renowned for being cheats in big games. They encapsulate gamesmanship/timewasting/fouling/cheating/playing on the edge.

What pleases me about tonight is that England could have completely capitulated after the penalty and the Kane penalty claims, but they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    VAR is not the problem.

Most VAR decisions in the tournament so far have either reconfirmed a correct decision or overturned one that has been incorrect.

The problem tonight was the Columbian officials. They were TERRIBLE. A draw would have been an absolute travesty, good job Harry was there to stick the fingers up.

Although, we should defo have been 3 up by half time. I''m saying Vardy and Kane as the front 2....that's got to scare the **** out of opponents. Sterling is more effective as a wide player in a 4-4-2 so we don't need to start him really, especially as Kane's strike partner.

The best thing Sterling will do in this tournament is win a pen for us because of his pace. For that reason, we should keep him on the bench and use him as an impact sub when opponents legs are tired.

Enjoyed the match though. Better than anything that has been served up in the last 10 years.

I thought that the VAR officials could step in at any time, in that case, at least one, clear as day, Rugby tackle, pen should have gone Kanes's way?

The refs were abysmal and should not ref in the tournament again.

Agree, I'd love to see Vardy start, the right balls played i behind and he causes chaos in the best defences and for me, Sterling is just not a top player and he certainly is no finisher as we've seen time and again.

Agree also that it looks promising though I'm not sure we're as good as we think we are at the back and when they try and play it around across the back four, it will end n tears at some point.

Pickford had a couple of moments as well, seems not to be aware of when to come charging out and when to stay but overall, more positives than negatives for me.

As I said last night, the predominance now of blatant cheating which referees seem to always fall far, is causing me to fall out of love with the game at this level. It was noticeable that our two age classes that on World Cups, were not doing it, in fact they were damned hard to knock off the ball as they should be.
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 19-06-2018 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I've just read that there was a foul by Stones pushing a Tunisian player in the back moments before the foul on Kane, which would explain why no penalty was given even with VAR.
    That was a bit of a wrestling match as well. But the ref didn't see either, so I don't think it explains it.

Why the people watching in Moscow didn't see it, you can only speculate. As some warned, VAR just takes decisions away from one individual and imposes the opinions of another. In fact, the second opinion can often be worse than the first. It's so different from goal line technology which does work because it's objective and scientific.

VAR or no VAR , nothing can take away from the fact that the ref was god awful. I'm just glad the Tunisians didn't get anywhere near our box in the second half , he would have blown for the slightest touch.

ps. For Kane's winner , where was the player who was supposed to be doing his WWE move on Harry?
    Last edited by navypie; 19-06-2018 at 07:40 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast