+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Csaba in DR

Csaba in DR

Full text.

Csaba Laszlo has lifted the lid on last season’s shambolic events at Tannadice – and revealed some players were even signed without having a medical.

The Dundee United boss was stunned to see how the club operated behind the scenes as they failed for the second season running to win promotion back to the Premiership.

Laszlo only replaced previous boss Ray McKinnon in November but before long couldn’t quite believe his eyes.

He said: “Last season was my most difficult and the most painful. I thought it would be different but inside the club it was unorganised.

“We can talk about many things, some of which I don’t want to be free about in the media. But it was disorganised.

“Players would come to training having travelled 100 miles. That would be out and then back and you did not know if the bus from Glasgow had arrived or not.

“We signed players without a medical check. After that you found out half the squad is not able to play football and had to have surgery.

“I had players and I did not know if they could play football but they were still here. Adding all those things together you had to reorganise.

“Now I think we are better. This is the first time I have felt in control of the whole situation and I have to take responsibility.

“I have made my analysis and last season – unusually for my teams – we conceded goals in almost every single game. Why was that? What was the problem?

“We need to change, not just the defence but elsewhere in the team.

“Had we not got Bilel Mohsni and Anthony Ralston I think we would have had a huge problem to finish even in the play-offs.

“That is the truth. I am not telling lies. Had those two not come in maybe I would not be sitting here today and have the chance to rebuild.”

Laszlo maintains he’s had to crucially change the culture over the summer to stop the domestic rot.

He added: “That is because what was there was not good enough.

“We had a lot of people here with a very comfortable life. Dundee United allowed a lot of people to have very comfortable lives. It was my wish we had to stop this.

“Our chairman asked me what is my target and how I want to rebuild.

“Had I said I just wanted to do what the club had done in the past that would not have been okay. We want things to be different and we know we are under pressure because our target is to get to the Premiership.”

Explains a lot. What a shambles we have been the last few years. Hopefully the changes Csaba and MM are making get us back to being a lean, mean, tangerine machine.

Scapegoat the previous regime. He says he couldn’t feel in control with someone else’s players.

Fingers crossed he succeeds this season

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Scapegoat the previous regime. He says he couldn’t feel in control with someone else’s players.

Fingers crossed he succeeds this season
    Really dont understand the scapegoat comments, especially when there have been people on here and elsewhere on the net that have been moaning about the old regime! Now there are changes, i for one will be giving the new regime a chance to prove themselves!

I thought he was in the Congo by that headline - what an article though. Maybe Frank and TTT will be right all along. One thing he lives or dies by his decisions from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Really dont understand the scapegoat comments, especially when there have been people on here and elsewhere on the net that have been moaning about the old regime! Now there are changes, i for one will be giving the new regime a chance to prove themselves!
    What new regime??

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Dyer View Post
    What new regime??
    I dont have alot of money myself, but i have the misfortune to work around people who have. One thing i realized very early on is those born to money rarely handle it well. But those who are driven and become successful, usually do well in everything they turn their hand to.

In our case, MM has invested his money in 33% of the club, secured Gussie for no return(?) and is now changing the club in many areas where us fans have been moaning its all wrong!

Now i aint fully convinced myself, and i know nothing of the ST/MM friendship, but MM will not let that get in the way of getting a return on his investment. For that reason and based on experience, i am willing to give MM the benefit of the doubt.

Have you got anything concrete on exactly how close ST and MM are?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I dont have alot of money myself, but i have the misfortune to work around people who have. One thing i realized very early on is those born to money rarely handle it well. But those who are driven and become successful, usually do well in everything they turn their hand to.

In our case, MM has invested his money in 33% of the club, secured Gussie for no return(?) and is now changing the club in many areas where us fans have been moaning its all wrong!

Now i aint fully convinced myself, and i know nothing of the ST/MM friendship, but MM will not let that get in the way of getting a return on his investment. For that reason and based on experience, i am willing to give MM the benefit of the doubt.

Have you got anything concrete on exactly how close ST and MM are?
    He doesnt. Like some others, he created a vision of ST and MM laughing and throwing piles of money at each other in his head and now refuses to or is unable to remove it.

I think MM is clearly separating himself from ST in a professional context. Trust me the egos of senior professionals beats a friendship. He doesnt want tainted with the past so some of the rhetoric coming out is clearly that. I believe Csaba has been briefied to say a few things.

Wether it works or not we will find out. Thats why i think MM is trying to prove he is a leader - also the takeover he is staking his claim.

ST just wants some money now.

If I’m honest I’m still dismayed that csaba still in charge. He can’t cope with players traveling to training - whatever.

I think MM been doing well other than his backing for csaba.

At the moment opinions don’t matter though.

Csaba leading team in to next season and with lots of resources and his own team.

Let’s hope he meets MM’s requirement of winning league (which was what ST set him on appointment last season)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)