+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well done Englanf

Well done Englanf

This the only game where every single bet I made was a winner. This team can do damage. No airs about them.
    It'll be good for them to go behind against Belgium. The experience of coming from behind could be crucial in the latter stages.

Who are Englanf eh kid ?.
    Its just typical of us though isn't it to be absolutely thwacking a team 6-0, and then to concede 1 goal which knocks us off the top of the group again. lol

No we are actually tied I believe. We have 8 F 2 A. Same as Belgium.
    It goes now to Fair Play if the match is a draw.
    But does it matter. Senegal, Colombia or Japan are roughly the same. Although maybe if Japan finish 2nd, it might be better. But we won't know either way. Their group finishes after ours. Unless of course Senegal win handsomely in a few moments time. Then they'll likely finish too and we may want to avoid them.

Oh sorry 1 other thing. I look at this team, and I see similarities with England 1996. Both have the 1 outstanding striker captain.
    Midfield is reasonable. Defensively slightly weaker but I think Pickford is better than Semen (pun intended).

I see us going maybe semis. I dunno the permutations but the 1 team we should avoid is Russia. It's gonna be bad for any travelling English fan if this match occurs, whatever the outcome.

Can and will we make the mistake of thinking Japan will be easier than Poland, or Colombia, or Senegal for example ?.
    (and I ask this even though we don't know who is coming through from Group H at the moment!)

Fortunately I've seen quite a bit of Japan here in the Far East. They are improving all the time But I think they are yet to teach the standard of a top European side. Maybe around Denmark or Sweden's level.
    They like fast footy but their Achiles Heel is going behind. That's why I hope England go behind against Belgium. It's important to compose yourself. Germany were very lucky last night. England cannot make the same mistake.

But I think of all the 4 teans, Japan with their style of play we can handle. Poland are defensive but possess a world class striker. Senegal I've been saying are the best African team at the moment. They can hurt anyone on their day. If we get them, we must be patient and cautious.

Colombia, full of flair but blow hot and cold. Mostly cold in big games but they have Falcao back in form and Jamie is a very matured player.

I'd prefer either Japan or Colombia. Although we have had a good record against Poland in recent years, they topped their qualifying group of I'm not wrong and one must always respect group winners. It'll be a cagey game and when games are cagey, England seldom rise to the occasion.
    We seem to do better when we have the bit between our teeth or when we're rank underdogs.

I think we can exclude Poland. Also I was wrong. Poland was in Germany's group weren't they during qualifying?
    But I dunno if Colombia are good or Poland made them look good....?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Who are Englanf eh kid ?.
    Its just typical of us though isn't it to be absolutely thwacking a team 6-0, and then to concede 1 goal which knocks us off the top of the group again. lol
    I can't believe England win 6-1 and you find a negative!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I can't believe England win 6-1 and you find a negative!
    Aye! No wonder he's called Acido not Alkalino! Haha.
    I think all of us are trying to temper our hopes and excitement England wise.
    Inwardly we want them to succeed but outwardly dare not try to play it up.

Good to see England`s senior generation setting a good example at the World Cup

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ssia-world-cup

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)