+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mark Lawrenson

Mark Lawrenson

Apperently his lamentable commentary on the Belgium game has caused a Twitterstorm and I'm not surprised. Normally I have no time at all for the w@nkerati on Twitter, but this time they do have a point. When Mrs S arrived home half way through the second half she was worried that something had happened to me, the house was silent, the game was on the box but there was no noise, I'd switched the sound off, I couldn't take anymore of his moaning, whining, smug remarks and especially his borderline racist comments about the referee.

How on earth the BBC, the bastion of Political Correctness, can continue to employ someone who implies a referee must be useless simply because he comes from a Black African country is way beyond me. OK I know he's Irish, but he's made, and is still making, a good living on the back of English football, a country whose referees are so poor that FIFA won't have any of them officiating in the WC finals, yet he still has the arrogance to denigrate referees from Africa, purely because they officiate in Africa. Does he really think our referees are any better ? Because they're not, and if he can't see this he shouldn't be commentating on the game. He shouldn't be anyway, come on BBC, just fecking sack him, get him off our screens, and out of our living rooms.

His habit of chucking in (meant to be funny) one-liners is embarrassing beyond belief.

Jermaine Jenas behaves impeccably, clearly understands the modern game and IMHO is the exact opposite of Lawrenson.

What relevance the colour of a FIFA appointed referee's skin is way beyond me. You all know I cannot abide casual racism and this idiot is constantly getting away with it.

Lawrenson and Hoddle need bundling in a taxi and sending off...

Attachment 9866

I cannot stand Lawrenson

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    I cannot stand Lawrenson
    He loves himself though!

Agree with all the above.

He is also the biggest moaning bugger on the telly.

I don't understand how successful Liverpool were with a whinging sod like him in the dressing room.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)